Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Georgia Tacoma Guys

Old 01-21-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Georgia Tacoma Guys

Can any of you give me information about any important vehicle laws in georgia? Is there an annual Vehicle Emissions Inspection? Lift laws?

I'm looking to move to Atlanta late this year.

I've got both a lift, and DT Long tube headers.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I think u can't have long tube headers but u can have short tube, r u moving to out side of atlanta?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
I think u can't have long tube headers but u can have short tube, r u moving to out side of atlanta?
I'm not sure. I'm probably going to SCAD in Atlanta, and I might get an apartment downtown.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Oh dang so ur really gonna be in Atlanta, beware of the traffic and drivers LOL
Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
wildtrax1 is on a distinguished road
wildtrax1's Tacoma Gallery
If you are moving to the metro Atlanta area you will need to get an annual vehicle emissions test so that you can get a tag. Not familiar with any lift laws but looking at your photo , your lift should be fine.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard of different ways to avoid losing the headers.

Some people have said that if you're lucky, they will only hook up to the computer to check the emissions level, instead of inspecting the underside.

Other people just take off the headers and put on the stock ones for the inspection, and the put the aftermarket back on after the inspection.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh dang so ur really gonna be in Atlanta, beware of the traffic and drivers LOL
Good thing the Tacoma is a pretty tough truck. I might have to buy a rear bumper, or a rear bumper guard. I have one for the front.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Also, I have the URD 02 Simulator.

This is from Georgia Clean Air Force:

All 1996 and newer vehicles will receive a two-part inspection.

-An OBD test to check your vehicle’s emission control performance history.
-A fuel cap inspection to check for adequate seal.

If an OBD test is unable to be performed on a vehicle, it may be necessary to perform a Two-Speed Idle test (TSI).

If they are only hooking up to my OBD, then I might can pass it.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
You'll have to pass emissions to get your tag because it's a 2006. All 1985 through 2006 model year gasoline-powered car or light-duty truck (up to 8,500 pounds gross vehicle weight rating) registered in Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding or Rockdale County. Mine's a 2008, so I won't have to do the emissions testing for another 2 years.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #10
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I saw that. I guess if I move up there, then I will take my truck in as it is, and see what happens. I might have to sell them and buy some short tubes.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #11
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Does the truck have to be registered in the county you live in? Why not register in Plains or Moultrie? They don't have emissions tests do they?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #12
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
Does the truck have to be registered in the county you live in? Why not register in Plains or Moultrie? They don't have emissions tests do they?
I could only assume you would have to register where you live.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #13
You could always try paying off the emissions person
Old 01-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #14
Mustache May

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You could always try paying off the emissions person
Foolproof!