Old 12-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #22
BuildDesign is on a distinguished road
BuildDesign's Tacoma Gallery
Siri handles it all for me.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #23
mtnwrks is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mtnwrks's Tacoma Gallery
The main point of this thread is that caller ID does not access the phonebook while the truck is moving. There has to be a signal coming into the head unit disabling phonebook while the truck is moving. Is there a way to stop this from happening?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #24
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Another option would be to possibly find the speed sense wire and cut it to see if the truck is locking you out based on the sat gps signal or the vehicle speed sense wire. If it is based on the wire, you could break it with a relay and a switch. If it is gps signal based the same method might work but I'm not sure how the Nav would react...
Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #25
mtnwrks is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mtnwrks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtTaco View Post
Another option would be to possibly find the speed sense wire and cut it to see if the truck is locking you out based on the sat gps signal or the vehicle speed sense wire. If it is based on the wire, you could break it with a relay and a switch. If it is gps signal based the same method might work but I'm not sure how the Nav would react...

No Nav on this unit.

I think it is a signal through a wire, but what other functionality needs that wire? if I could figure out which wire it is.

I really wish there was a hidden menu for this
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #26
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
This is not a new thing people haha. I called a few of my local dealers and they said that they wouldn't mess with "big brother" feature for the nav units. It also does this when you're driving and trying to type in an address, you cant. You can only pick from your saved destinations. There are plenty of other stock navigation units that have this same feature. I have been looking for a hidden menu also and haven't been able to find any information on it. Damn first world problems
Old 12-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #27
Free Man
Hurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHurtin Albertan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Duck
Hurtin Albertan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrks View Post
The main point of this thread is that caller ID does not access the phonebook while the truck is moving. There has to be a signal coming into the head unit disabling phonebook while the truck is moving. Is there a way to stop this from happening?
I have a 2013 TRD sport with the touchscreen audio system. When my phone is plugged into the truck USB, the caller ID won't work with the truck moving. When I plug my phone into one of the 12V cigarette lighter sockets though, caller ID all the time.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #29
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrks View Post
No Nav on this unit.

I think it is a signal through a wire, but what other functionality needs that wire? if I could figure out which wire it is.

I really wish there was a hidden menu for this
If you don't have nav, then it is most likely a speed sense wire which can be broken with the relay and switch method. The only two things I can think of in a non-Nav vehicle using that wire would be the cutting off of your phone book features and an automatic speed adjusted volume control ( faster you go, the louder the volume adjustment) the trick is finding the correct wire

As far as I know, toyota has been using the same wiring connector in their radios since 1987 so it probably shouldn't be that hard to figure out which one it is. I will check what wiring info I can find and let you guys know.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #31
Raoul Duke is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
Raoul Duke's Tacoma Gallery
Look for a PURPLE/WHITE wire

this may be it
Old 12-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #32
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
On my 2013 the phone book doesn't work while moving like people described but the speed dial does, There are 18 slots for speed dial numbers you can add names and be able to call while driving.

Problem I have with mine is if I don't answer on the first ring at the radio unit I have to pick up my cell phone to answer then transfer to hands free.
Its a PIA anyone else have that problem?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #34
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenc87 View Post
Could it be the settings within your ph?
I don't think so, the cell will ring 4-5 times before going to voice mail.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #35
yakker117 is on a distinguished road
yakker117's Tacoma Gallery
TTT
Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #36
enos33 will become famous soon enough

Navy: NATIONAL SERVICE, ENGLAND
Name: Ron
enos33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelor22 View Post
Hi, I also have a new Tacoma here in BC. I have not noticed what you noted in my truck and numbers that are stored in my phone book do appear on screen with name and number when a call is incoming. Do you have the Nav. Entune system? Mine is a TRD Sport.
I took off the TURD on the side of my new Tacoma. Disgusting word for a truck.
I cannot, neither can the dealer, enter my contacts in the radio. I can only add the speed dial nos. These do not allow the name to be shown. I had to memorize the 6 nos. and remember the associated names. Pissed me off no end, because my 2009 allowed voice entering of contacts. The 2013 does not.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #37

enos33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The voice activation feature still works. Not all of the ph feature work.
I repeat - sorry, but someone out there may now the secret.

I took off the TURD on the side of my new Tacoma. Disgusting word for a truck.
I cannot, neither can the dealer, enter my contacts in the radio. I can only add the speed dial nos. These do not allow the name to be shown. I had to memorize the 6 nos. and remember the associated names. Pissed me off no end, because my 2009 allowed voice entering of contacts. The 2013 does not.

I do NOT have the Nav. Entune system.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #38
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
On my 2013 the phone book doesn't work while moving like people described but the speed dial does, There are 18 slots for speed dial numbers you can add names and be able to call while driving.

Problem I have with mine is if I don't answer on the first ring at the radio unit I have to pick up my cell phone to answer then transfer to hands free.
Its a PIA anyone else have that problem?
Do you always answer with the steering wheel controls or with the screen?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #39

enos33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was trying to open the email , pics and such. No luck. The guy at the dealership said that it has limits with the iPhone because of apple security. You might have better luck with the android as far as opening the other menus.
BS!