Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Touch screen Bluetooth Phonebook while driving

Old 07-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #41
d2mikey is on a distinguished road
d2mikey's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem with my new 2013 Tacoma Access cab. Would rather look at the nav screen and not my iPhone while driving to see who I'm calling or who is calling me. The disabling of the contacts list seems counter-safety to me. If anyone comes up with a fix to this, I'm sure plenty of people would be great full.

I have the standard radio/cd head unit; not étune and navigation unit.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #42
beandip007 is on a distinguished road

beandip007's Tacoma Gallery
easy solution if you need to look up contacts while driving, look at the phone and dial, blue tooth will pick up the call, or just wait till you stop and you can get them that way.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #43
deepsee is on a distinguished road

Army: Master Diver/Pilot
Name: Bobby
deepsee's Tacoma Gallery
The answer to our problems....... hopefully. I take delivery of my 13 DBC JBL/Nav this week and looking at some of your post and I was getting upset that I can not use this system the way I wanted to. With some research I think I found a solution. I will be driving the truck for a week or so and see if I am willing to invest the money to unlock all features while driving. Check out the link:

http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=1188
Old 08-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #44
sdsyver is on a distinguished road

sdsyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrks View Post
Hi There,
I am very new here, my new truck is 5 days old and there is something bugging the crap out of me.

There is some sort of Safety Mode the bluetooth phone system goes into while moving. Is there a way of disabling it? I have read about nav systems having the same sort of thing and hidden menus on the head units to disable it.

What happens in my truck is the phone book is disabled while moving. I am all about safe driving however this also turns off phone book look up of the calling contact. Therefore you only see their phone number, not their name. This is stupid as while driving I only wish to talk to important calls or callers and not memorizing all of thier numbers has created a pain.

Any help?
Thanks
Mike
I hit the phone button on my steering wheel and say the name of the person I want to talk to and it gets pulled up. I use voice recognition. I've got a 2013 Limited with the JBL system.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #45
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I do if its not in my recent calls. But since I have no friends I rarely have to actually pick up the phone........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruced UP View Post
Can you just pick up your phone and use a voice dialing app?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #46
TacoTrooper is on a distinguished road

Name: James
TacoTrooper's Tacoma Gallery
It is kind of annoying, especially when you want to check voicemail. I just have my key people in the speed dial as a work around Overall I love the BT phone.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #49
enos33 will become famous soon enough

Navy: NATIONAL SERVICE, ENGLAND
Name: Ron
enos33's Tacoma Gallery
Angry TURD

My wife suggested she would not ride in truck with initials TRD on the side. Who, but the Japanese, would not know that 'TURD' means a piece of sh-t?
T oyota R acing D evelopment could have easily been
S pecial H ot T ruck. SHT!

With regards to the phone nos, I just had to remember which no. was associated with which name. Pathetic, but true. Ron.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #50
ltsr is on a distinguished road
ltsr's Tacoma Gallery
My 2013 holds up to 12 favorites that are accessible when the truck is moving.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #51
yakker117 is on a distinguished road
yakker117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by enos33 View Post
My wife suggested she would not ride in truck with initials TRD on the side. Who, but the Japanese, would not know that 'TURD' means a piece of sh-t?
T oyota R acing D evelopment could have easily been
S pecial H ot T ruck. SHT!

With regards to the phone nos, I just had to remember which no. was associated with which name. Pathetic, but true. Ron.
Dumb and Dumber!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #52
LoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud ofLoneCynic has much to be proud of
LoneCynic's Tacoma Gallery
I have the standard head unit in my 2013 Tacoma, and it has 18 speed dial slots that are accessible while driving. I just put the people I would contact the most often in there so I have easy access to making calls to them. Anyone else are people I would probably not be making calls to while driving anyway. If you have more than 18 "priority" contacts, then I suppose you are much more popular than I am. I only use about ten of those 18 slots anyway, as I just don't talk on the phone that much.

As far as it showing caller ID, I have an Android Phone (Galaxy S2 to be specific) and it shows caller ID on the speed dial incoming calls as well. Maybe it has to do with if you punched the numbers into the speed dials rather than selecting them from your contact list to add to the speed dials? Dunno on this, but it is the only thing I could think of that might cause it to show number only.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #53
You can also call anyone in your phonebook using voice commands.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #54
enos33 will become famous soon enough

Navy: NATIONAL SERVICE, ENGLAND
Name: Ron
enos33's Tacoma Gallery
No

Not true, I have the screen without the Nav, so I use 'speed dial' only - just the nos..

TRD - LOL.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #55
Ok. I have the nav. Allows me voice commands including voice dialing.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #56
Magna2406 is on a distinguished road
Magna2406's Tacoma Gallery
Activate iPhone Voice Command from Steering Wheel Controls?

I have an iPhone where if I push and hold the home button at the bottom of the iPhone, then the voice command activates and can be heard and commanded over the Tacoma's Bluetooth system. Is there any command or button combination on the steering controls that does the same function as holding down the home button on the iPhone to activate the voice command feature while the Tacoma is moving?
Old 10-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #57
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrks View Post
Numbers stored in the speed dial do not come up when the phone rings while moving. (Ie. only the number displays. Not the contact name.).
My Tacoma was like this when I got it. For some reason after I installed Ios7, the names come up now.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #58
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 Tacoma LTD with the JBL Premium Sound and Navigation and definitely notice missing functions when the vehicle is in motion. For aftermarket head units, the way to get around this is to run the speed sensor wire from the HU to ground (it was either that or a wire that was supposed to go to the parking brake to perform the same function, disallowing functions while the vehicle is in motion). I recently bought a 2009 Tacoma Factory Wiring Diagram because I know that Toyota typically maintains wire colors for specific functions throughout recent model years). I am having a little trouble finding where the sensor enters the HU, but it looks like Raul Duke was right, that it is a Violet/White wire. Does anyone have any clue as to what to do with the wire once found or do we need to go further and invest in LockPick or the Navigation Enhancement Unit?
Any help GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken
Old 11-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #59
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, one thing I forgot to mention: I used a VIM and TIS program to access functionality on the Tacoma. It is essentially the same program (or at least provides the same functionality/ability) as used by the dealership. The programmable/adjustable items using TIS are VERY limited on the Taco. There was no adjustment for allowing additional functions on the Navigation/head unit.
Ken
Old 12-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #60
Johnathon H is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Pilot
Johnathon H's Tacoma Gallery
I talked my wife into buying a nav override for me as a Christmas gift. I haven't seen much on it and was hoping not to be the first one to try it out but anyway, I will put it in after Christmas and let you guys know how it went. The link to the site is below if interested.

http://www.top4runners.com/navoverride.html