Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

08 dc CEL = me unhappy

Old 01-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
08 dc CEL = me unhappy

So i started the truck up tonight after work and i noticed the check engine light was on. Everything seemed to drive ok until I floored it and then it seems really sluggish. The Scangauge code reader is bringing up the code P0333 which as it turns out is related to the knock sensor for bank2. I read that someone had to pay $750 to have it replaced. Guess it's off to the dealer tomorrow to see about some warranty repairs, hopefully.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:59 AM   #3
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I would def take it to the dealer, I would think you are still under your warranty.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:51 AM   #5
mycoma is on a distinguished road
mycoma's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles do you have on it? Let us know what they find!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
well i read the code off of my scangauge. it gave me the code p0333 which is for the knock sensor.

i dropped it off at the dealer this morning and they called with the same diagnosis. so they said it will be there til mon-tues and gave me a rental prius. i was really hoping it would have been a tundra as i really need a truck this weekend. at least i don't have to pay for anything.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear kwalton.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
i was trying to find a pic of some monstrous truck running over a prius, but this was all i could find

Old 01-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #9
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Nice to hear they're taking care of it for ya Have fun in your hybrid...
Old 01-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #10
PropJet has a spectacular aura aboutPropJet has a spectacular aura about
PropJet's Tacoma Gallery
Serious question here, as I'm not trying to criticize, just trying to understand the thought process, but... if your check engine light is on, why would you floor it? Seems like if your truck is trying to tell you that something is wrong, purposely pushing it to extremes would be the last thing you'd want to do.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
Update

got a call from the dealer today stating that it would not be covered under warranty because the wiring appeared to have been chewed through by some kind of animal. it has been unusually cold here in south florida over the past few days so i guess some mouse or rat decided to keep warm in my engine bay.

I was quoted $1500 which seemed a little absurd but they already had the intake manifold off and had the replacement part ready to go in. what choice did i have??

i called my insurance company to hopefully get it covered under comprehensive coverage. suprisingly they said no problem. i just have to pay my $250 deductible.

should get it back tomorrow afternoon.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
$1500 !!!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJet View Post
Serious question here, as I'm not trying to criticize, just trying to understand the thought process, but... if your check engine light is on, why would you floor it? Seems like if your truck is trying to tell you that something is wrong, purposely pushing it to extremes would be the last thing you'd want to do.
With that code, the engine CU goes into "limp mode". The ECU retards timing and wont let damage be done.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
$1500

Damn, at least you get most covered under your comp, that would really bite having out of pocket the whole amount
Old 02-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #16
Taco Lover is on a distinguished road
Taco Lover's Tacoma Gallery
I got the same phone call today. They said some kind of rodent chewed the wire off and that it's going to cost anywhere from $500 to $1500. My insurance is covering but I think I'm getting screwed over by TOYOTA.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #17
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Lover View Post
I got the same phone call today. They said some kind of rodent chewed the wire off and that it's going to cost anywhere from $500 to $1500. My insurance is covering but I think I'm getting screwed over by TOYOTA.
And by you think you are getting screwed you mean...?? They are lying to get outta warranty??
Ask to see the parts that are removed...
Old 02-27-2010, 03:10 AM   #18
btkicker will become famous soon enough
btkicker's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, you can ask for all the old parts.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:20 AM   #19
Munkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Munkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Ask to see the parts that are removed...
I agree. But don't give them advance notice that you are going to want to see the parts. Just drop in unannounced one day and ask to see them. Don't give them time to make the parts look chewed. Not saying that your dealership is crooked enough to do that, but don't offer them opportunity just in case.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:22 AM   #20
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalton View Post
Update

got a call from the dealer today stating that it would not be covered under warranty because the wiring appeared to have been chewed through by some kind of animal. it has been unusually cold here in south florida over the past few days so i guess some mouse or rat decided to keep warm in my engine bay.

I was quoted $1500 which seemed a little absurd but they already had the intake manifold off and had the replacement part ready to go in. what choice did i have??

i called my insurance company to hopefully get it covered under comprehensive coverage. suprisingly they said no problem. i just have to pay my $250 deductible.

should get it back tomorrow afternoon.
Fuck 'em they said it was covered under warranty.