LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OEM Roof rack Fairing

Old 10-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Roof rack Fairing

I have an OEM roof rack and would rather keep it spread out instead of stowed away. But this thing is loud as hell, anyone come up with a Fairing option for this yet? I was thinking of using my Yakima fairing but the mounts won't work and I don't think I can get mighty mounts for fairing
Old 10-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
photonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud of
Name: John
photonashville's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any suggestions on the fairing but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks the stock roof rack is loud when open. I've had others on TW say their's doesn't make noise which in my head called total BS on.

I have a Yakima rack on my Leer and since it's further back has next to no noise at highway speeds even with fishing rods in the ski mounts.

I forget where, but I did see brackets that fit the stock rack which might be modified to fit a Yak or Thule fairing. If I find the mounts I'll post back.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah I've been looking at some Yakima and Thule fairing to see what I can come up with and still look good. People are lying if their rack doesn't make noise while "open" when mine is stowed it's fine, maybe thats what they meant
Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
outxider is a jewel in the roughoutxider is a jewel in the roughoutxider is a jewel in the rough

Name: Sang
outxider's Tacoma Gallery
Get the medium fairing by Inno. Only comes in small, med, and large. Ive personally used it on my factory rack to cut down the noise w the bars deployed to house my thule snowboard rack. Fits perfectly and definitely made it more bearable to drive without it whistling and howling.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by outxider View Post
Get the medium fairing by Inno. Only comes in small, med, and large. Ive personally used it on my factory rack to cut down the noise w the bars deployed to house my thule snowboard rack. Fits perfectly and definitely made it more bearable to drive without it whistling and howling.
Awesome! Where can we find this? eBay? Does it come with something to connect it? I will check it out for sure!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Post some pics!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #8

Hey WW_FF I ended up getting on at an FD here in Oklahoma man! I sent you a message a while back asking you about it as a career. Figured I'd update you, I love it!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJump View Post
Hey WW_FF I ended up getting on at an FD here in Oklahoma man! I sent you a message a while back asking you about it as a career. Figured I'd update you, I love it!
Congrats Jason!! I'm assuming its a structure department and not wildland?
Old 10-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Congrats Jason!! I'm assuming its a structure department and not wildland?
Yeah structure! 2nd highest paid in the state, put myself through a state fire academy and offered the job before the academy was even out Then I got to more offers, one from Mesquite TX, and another from another OK dept. OK is hiring a lot, good area to get on. Thanks for the input when I asked brother!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJump View Post
Yeah structure! 2nd highest paid in the state, put myself through a state fire academy and offered the job before the academy was even out Then I got to more offers, one from Mesquite TX, and another from another OK dept. OK is hiring a lot, good area to get on. Thanks for the input when I asked brother!

Well congrats on the new job!! Just getting on full-time anywhere is an accomplishment!!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
My Factory racks when opened are very loud!!!

Post a pic of this Medium Fairing, please

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CDkQ8wIwAA

http://www.backcountryracks.com/enla..._2234_94076550
Old 01-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #14
malay4785 is on a distinguished road
Name: Malay
malay4785's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
More bearable? Is there any noise that you can hear when driving with the fairing and a couple snowboards in the rack?
Old 05-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by malay4785 View Post
More bearable? Is there any noise that you can hear when driving with the fairing and a couple snowboards in the rack?
Wondering the same, thanks

Products Discussed in this Thread