Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Build Idea's/ Need Advice and Opinions

Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Build Idea's/ Need Advice and Opinions

I have a completely stock 2012 Red Tacoma TRD Off-Road Pacage. I have read countless topics on lifts and decided I want to get my truck looking and perform better with no lift. But not sure if it will look, or perform well.

Things I plan on doing..

-Blacked Out Badges
-Blacked chrome on front grill
-Power Coat Stock 16" Rims Black
-1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers (all four wheels)
-BFG MT KM2's 265/75/16 (will they rub?)
-After time a SawTooth Industries Rear bumper

Do you guys think this would look good? I only offroad with some of my friends once a month on someones farm or at a local offroad park.
Thanks, sorry im for sure NEW.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
I think it will look fine. Why don't you want a lift? (nothing wrong with not lifting, just curious) I doubt those 265/75/16's will rub, they are only about an inch taller than factory so that only means half an inch closer to the things they can rub off. If they do rub it will be very little and could easily be taken care of with a box cutter.

Oh and Welcome to TW I think you will love it here, unless you hate spending money on your Taco. haha
Old 10-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
I have a completely stock 2012 Red Tacoma TRD Off-Road Pacage. I have read countless topics on lifts and decided I want to get my truck looking and perform better with no lift. But not sure if it will look, or perform well.

Things I plan on doing..

-Blacked Out Badges
-Blacked chrome on front grill
-Power Coat Stock 16" Rims Black
-1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers (all four wheels)
-BFG MT KM2's 265/75/16 (will they rub?)
-After time a SawTooth Industries Rear bumper

Do you guys think this would look good? I only offroad with some of my friends once a month on someones farm or at a local offroad park.
Thanks, sorry im for sure NEW.
It will look fine, but nothing you listed will do anything for "performance" except the tires. A good suspension lift can improve it a lot. Just keep it at 2" and you will avoid 99% of the problems that come with lifting these trucks.