Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Matress

Old 01-21-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Matress

If I wanted to put a mattress in my bed, what kind would fit? For camping or whatever...

I know they make air mattresses but I figure if I can use something I got at home, that would be better.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
to go inbetween the wheel wells....probably a twin bed mattress.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Old foam mattress ?? Cut it to fit exactly ??

Marc M
Old 01-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
Creedmoor Connections
carolinyens will become famous soon enough
carolinyens's Tacoma Gallery
Im sure a twin will fit. I think a queen is gonna hang off the sides.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
A twin may be curving upward on the wheel wells but what the hell do i know lol, a single is guarenteed to fit
Old 01-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
best bet is just measure between the wheel wells and see whatll fit

and if youre planning on using the bed of your truck for a shaggin wagon

you know were gonna demand pics of her
Old 01-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 1983 Dodge cargo van back when I was like 23. All I had in it was a mattress/pillows/blankets and tall home stereo speakers wired to the stereo. My buddy and I would go bar hopping on the weekends. Which ever of us needed my van that was parked outside the bar could use it. It was a real piece of shit, so the girl had to be pretty shit faced or it probably wouldn't have worked as well as it did.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
javajunk-e is on a distinguished road
javajunk-e's Tacoma Gallery
Cabela's has an air mattress that forms around the wheel wells of truck beds. I think they are about $100. Gonna get one when I get the shell on!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
I'm thinking a twin. Now I just gotta dig one outta the back of the garage and see if it'll work. Hopefully....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
best bet is just measure between the wheel wells and see whatll fit

and if youre planning on using the bed of your truck for a shaggin wagon

you know were gonna demand pics of her
Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
SouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of light

SouthWhittierMetalWorks's Tacoma Gallery
I use a twin in my bed, its a 98. They do make mattresses specifically for truck beds though. you can get them through like jc whitney, but they're like $80 and up, so i just stick with the trusty coleman twin blow up matress
Old 01-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #11
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Mattress Sizes
  • Twin--39 x 75 inches (or 99 x 190 cm)
  • X-Long Twin--39 x 80 inches (99 x 203 cm)
  • Full--54 x 75 inches (137 x 190 cm)
  • Queen--60 x 80 inches (or 153 x 203 cm)
  • King--76 x 80 inches (or 198 x 203 cm)
  • California King--72 x 84 inches (or 182 x 213 cm)
Toyota.com shows the measurement between wheel wells to be 41.5 inches, so a twin will fit and a full will not.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:10 AM   #12
daleclough is on a distinguished road
daleclough's Tacoma Gallery
Build a wood frame using the wheel wells and then put a larger mattress on top of that. Why not use the whole bed, give youself some storage and be super-cool?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:34 AM   #13
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleclough View Post
Build a wood frame using the wheel wells and then put a larger mattress on top of that. Why not use the whole bed, give youself some storage and be super-cool?
I camp in this...it's super-cool .

Oh yeah, but a Taco can't tow it .