Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
RDtres is on a distinguished road
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
which jack

rapid jack or high lift?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
floor jack
Old 10-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the floor jack
Old 11-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have any experience with Harbor Feight's Rapid Jack? 1.5 ton, 3 ton any ton. I'm looking to use it in the garage mostly but I noticed a few rally trucks have aluminum racing floor jacks mounted in the bed. I've always thought Hi Lifts were more versatile but I'm looking for opinions
Old 11-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Stay away from acdelco floor jacks. Garbage internals...

~M
Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
amadougrand is on a distinguished road

amadougrand's Tacoma Gallery
I would say it depends upon the application. I tend to use my hi-lift jack more due to being stuck or in a recovery situation than to change a tire. In that application a floor jack does not get the job done.

Both jacks have their purpose.

I would expect a floor jack is more useful to race teams for the speed in which it can be used to change a tire with little risk. It is also more useful for situations that call for the need to wrench.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
amadougrand is on a distinguished road

amadougrand's Tacoma Gallery
One more thing, the floor jacks my security carries in their B6 Landcrusiers drive me crazy from the rattling even on the smoothest of roads. I am one rattling trip away from loosing it and spraying an entire can of Great Stuff into the gears.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Harbor freight jack and jack stands
Old 11-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDtres View Post
rapid jack or high lift?

depends on the region and what you use the truck for.

I would never be without a hi lift. for my uses a floor jack is useless.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
get the arcan jack 99 bucks at cosco. imo
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
Both

So I finally broke down over the weekend and bought a Harbor Freight Steel 3 ton floor jack with rapid pump for $79.99. This thing is a beast and has a high lift ability. The only con is its weight. Anyhow, I have my hi-lift mounted and have found it to be more useful for off-road etc. while the floor jack is better at home on level ground. I've also added a few pieces of 2x4 to aid in sticky situations, sand, mud, etc. Happy recovering!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice. I also have the HF 3 ton rapid pump floor jack for home use. Yes it's heavy but it's affordable, works fast and has been reliable for me.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
DHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to beholdDHwreckage is a splendid one to behold

DHwreckage's Tacoma Gallery
I actually just picked up a HF 2.5ton rapid jack. So far i like it alot but then again ive only had it for 2 weeks. But realistically you cant beat 79.99 for that Jack!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGXR View Post
Good choice. I also have the HF 3 ton rapid pump floor jack for home use. Yes it's heavy but it's affordable, works fast and has been reliable for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
I actually just picked up a HF 2.5ton rapid jack. So far i like it alot but then again ive only had it for 2 weeks. But realistically you cant beat 79.99 for that Jack!
Agreed!!! you can't beat the affordability of HF.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #17
gt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of lightgt40 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: BT5
gt40's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Avid light bar with an extra bar in the middle and was wondering if it is strong enough for lifting with a high lift jack? Or should I get an attachment that bolts to the light bar and then hook the jack to it?
Attached Thumbnails
which jack-horns-avid-l.-bar-.jpg  
Old 04-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #18
CLODHOPPER is on a distinguished road

CLODHOPPER's Tacoma Gallery
Jack?? I just use my thighs, back, and buns of steel to lift my truck up...
Old 04-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #20
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Rapid jack?

Is the rapid jack from China? Most stuff from HF is.