Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket Leaf springs

Old 10-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
bldmtnrider is on a distinguished road
bldmtnrider's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket Leaf springs

Hoping someone here can help me out. I have a double cab, long bed TRD Sport and have alread done the rear spring pack TSB. The TSB was great right after they were installed, but they have since started sagging a bit too much. Bad enough now that with the topper a moderate bump will put me on the bump stops.

Anyone have any sugestions for aftermarket springs? I'm not really looking for a lift, I'm just looking for something as stiff as the TSB springs, but maybe something that will last longer than 3 years.

Since my Taco is really only used for hauling toys on a trailer I'm not too concerned with a stiff ride. Ideally I would like to stay off the bump stops with ~300 lbs of gear in the back, a 250lb topper, and 300-400 lbs on the trailer hitch.

Let me know if you have any sugestions.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Air suspension. Or buy a new leaf pack. Topper is not good and has a bad rep for a reason. Junk yard springs are a possibility.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot your towing don't buy junkyard. Upgrade
Old 10-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkx2fiddy View Post
Air suspension. Or buy a new leaf pack. Topper is not good and has a bad rep for a reason. Junk yard springs are a possibility.

why is topper no good and where is this bad rep that I've never heard of?
Old 10-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #5
Tarpon24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Frankie
Tarpon24's Tacoma Gallery
all pro has a new leaf pack for continuous weight
Old 10-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Alcan Spring can make you whatever you want.

Tell them the ride height, and how much extra weight you plan to carry and they will tune them accordingly.

My spring are setup for 6" lift and 350 lbs extra load ( to still sit level)

they run around 500 for a pair

Justin
Old 10-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
niwroc is on a distinguished road
Name: Cory
niwroc's Tacoma Gallery
I asked the same question a while back. Everyone seemed to recommend the OME Dakars. They say they'll put your back end up about 2.5" but if you have a topper on it'll probably even out a bit. I was also told they were really good for extra load. Haven't gotten them yet, but hoping to soon!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I have stock with a 2 in AAL and firestone airbags, I have a shell and a rack it lumber rack that add 450lbs of constant weight, i pump the bags up for additional weight or towing, when the funds are available i want to upgrade to Alcans, I called them and they told me they can build a custom set to take into account the constant weight and give it any lift i want or no lift at all, not cheap but it seems like the best option that i have found
Old 10-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkx2fiddy View Post
wut