1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sub issue

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Gaabstopper7, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Oct 26, 2012 at 4:54 PM
    Gaabstopper7

Gaabstopper7 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Chandler, az
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner trd sport
    Bilstein 5100 shocks
    I don't know much about the stock audio system in the tacoma. I have the JBL upgrade with the 8" sub and it's a 2010 trd sport. Today the sub stopped hitting like it used to. I only listen to rock so it's not like I'm bumping everywhere and I leave the bass level on 0 but I do like loud music. It's putting out a little bit but I can't hear it at all unless its turned up a bit. It just doesn't sound normal. I checked the two audio system fuses (i think the numbers were 11 and 23) and they are still good. I even switched them out to make sure. I didn't see a specific fuse for the sub, is there another fuse I can check?

Any ideas what the problem could be? I'm no expert but I had a couple 12's back in high school lol. I blew a couple of those and this doesn't sound blown to me it just seems like it's not getting power. I'm assuming there is an amp back there? I pulled the seat forward but didn't want to start taking stuff apart. The rest of the speakers are fine. I'm really hoping it's not anything expensive and maybe just a fuse or wiring issue. Thanks for any help!!

Tyler

Products Discussed in

To Top