1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is $17,900 too much for an 06 DC TRD sport ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by C Wills, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Dec 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    C Wills

C Wills [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cearyx aka C Gutta
    Englewood,nj
    Vehicle:
    DCSB
    20% tint, extang trifecta tonneau cover.
    Pissed off. I called the dealership to tell them i'm on my way and they dropped a Bomb on me. The truck I was lookin at was sold last night.

2. Dec 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    IdahoTacoTime

IdahoTacoTime Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Meridian Idaho
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport
    pending
    Whats to be pissed about ?? you made an offer based on the information from people who are not involved that the price was too high. The dealer did not want your offer, was O.K with letting you walk.

Then you want to make another offer and the truck was already sold to someone else.. who offered more than you did. Pretty simple.

I would be more concerned when a dealer says " O.K" on a super lowball offer.. than I would be when I pay close to retail on a truck.

3. Dec 1, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    C Wills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cearyx aka C Gutta
    Englewood,nj
    Vehicle:
    DCSB
    I'm pissed for more than one reason. I could've had the truck before. I should've just financed it from the dealership but I didn't. Bad business move on my part. Also, they called me this this morning to confirm my appointment and the truck was already sold . I thought I was gonna be leaving with my truck today. Oh well! That's life

4. Dec 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    bjboucher

bjboucher Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Former 2012 DCLB 4x4 SR5 Texas Edition
    OME complete kit w/ 885s on Nitrocharger Sports, 1/4" spacers, Dakars w/ Nitrocharger Sports, LR UCAs, 265/70-17, Duratracs, G4 Elite tonneau, Weathertech Window Deflectors, Weathertech digital floor liners, factory JBL/Entune, rear differential breather relocate.
    From what I've seen, used Tacomas in good shape don't sit around too long. If you seriously want one, you're not going to be able to walk away for days at a time and think they'll still be there when you try and go back. Just get the best deal you can while you're still there.

5. Dec 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    C Wills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cearyx aka C Gutta
    Englewood,nj
    Vehicle:
    DCSB
    That's my lesson of the day. I learned that the hard way

6. Dec 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    bash42

bash42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    '22 DCLB TRD OR Super White
    Agreed, 100% about lowballing and being sold out from underneath but I would never pay retail. There is ALWAYS another truck out there!!!!!

Taco time, how long have you been selling cars?

7. Dec 1, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    IdahoTacoTime

IdahoTacoTime Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Meridian Idaho
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport
    pending
    Long enough to know better... but not long enough to stop. A few years. Was an engineer most of my life in semi-conductors. I like selling cars. I am one of the better guys at our dealership and put up good numbers but work my ass off. I Like working with people, and enjoy 80% of them.

I have really had an eye opener here. Public perception on pricing is interesting. I have to admit... when I told my 78 year old dad that I was going to sell cars... I might as well have told him I was running away to join the circus :) but as time goes by, he can see that I do well and that things are fine.

You seem to know a lot about the business.. 5 guys make damn good money.. 5 guys make a living.. and 5 guys are just in through the out door. We have a good solid dealership with others nearby so price shopping is an everyday thing.

What I know for sure.. if we had the Taco as descibed in this post on our lot we would have sold the one at 16,800 in a day or two at the most.

8. Feb 5, 2013 at 5:45 AM
    C Wills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cearyx aka C Gutta
    Englewood,nj
    Vehicle:
    DCSB
    Well to answer my own question ,"is $17.9 too much for an 06 dc trd sport? No it's not. Cause I just bought my First Tacoma. That's right, I finally closed a deal. 2005 with 73k miles. I paid $ 17.5. Excited to get started. My pockets are a little shallow at this point, but that's ok. A couple extra hours on the job will straighten that our. Thank guys for all the good advise you gave me along the way

Products Discussed in

To Top