Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

so far so good

Old 10-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #1
yota420 is on a distinguished road

yota420's Tacoma Gallery
so far so good

Currently at dealership getting second oil change, and asked if I could get the seatbelt reminder option removed. Service guy didn't seem to have a problem, we will see. Again, wish "them" luck.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #2

yota420's Tacoma Gallery
Well that would b a Negative! Browns Toyota of Glen Burnie, MD will not remove audible reminder for the seatbelt. Even if stated on service ticket, customer requests n assumes responsibility. Told me to try another dealership. Maybe I will after complaining about this one. So much for referring this place for anything.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ehow.com/how_5552324_disa...rm-toyota.html

Go here, you can do it yourself.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Try this out

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-fix-pics.html
Old 10-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota420 View Post
Well that would b a Negative! Browns Toyota of Glen Burnie, MD will not remove audible reminder for the seatbelt. Even if stated on service ticket, customer requests n assumes responsibility. Told me to try another dealership. Maybe I will after complaining about this one. So much for referring this place for anything.
Oh yeah? lucky you're not stuck on an island with one toyota dealer with an arrogant owner.
and yeah, why would a dealer remove a safety reminder? Seat belts are required in every state. I wonder if they'll remove my air bags...theyre only their just incase and ive already lived with the light on for a year or two.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
If they say no, then while the guy is standing there pull up one of the 2 links above and say, FUCK YOU BITCH I"LL DO IT MYSELF!!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post

This doesn't work on a 2012 Tacoma. It has to be done in the ECU via the Techstream software.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:44 AM   #8

yota420's Tacoma Gallery
I understand it's law, but working on 2 properties n hardly getting out of first gear, I don't need to b reminded every time head I get out n throw something in the bed then drive 25 yards n back out again. Last time I checked didn't n will not use my seatbelt. Its my truck, my responsibility, nobody eldest. I will b complaining to Toyota. Maybe it will work maybe not. I will find a tech @ a dealership who will. The power of the almighty green back. Thanks for everyones input. I will keep posted!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:46 AM   #9
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Dont forget to tell toyota you want straight front and diesel while you're at it!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota420 View Post
I understand it's law, but working on 2 properties n hardly getting out of first gear, I don't need to b reminded every time head I get out n throw something in the bed then drive 25 yards n back out again. Last time I checked didn't n will not use my seatbelt. Its my truck, my responsibility, nobody eldest. I will b complaining to Toyota. Maybe it will work maybe not. I will find a tech @ a dealership who will. The power of the almighty green back. Thanks for everyones input. I will keep posted!
It is your responsibility...but why would they open themselves up to the possibility that they turn it off, you forget your belt, die in a crash and your family sues them/someone not as upstanding as you are gets hurts and sues...
I think that complaining to Corporate is a bit silly. You'll probably hear that it is policy to not do it and that the techs who have done it were in the wrong by doing so.