LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed extender cage bracket kit?

Old 01-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
greddy09sc is on a distinguished road
greddy09sc's Tacoma Gallery
Bed extender cage bracket kit?

I bought a used taco and he gave me a bed extender without the brackets or anything. I called the local toyota for the parts and they don't know what part i need to install it.
They say there is a list of Bed Extender parts but since it's special order, once i order, i keep it. no returns/exchanges. I want to make sure i get the right thing.
On the list is under BED EXTENDER is:
Protective End Caps
Strap Latch/Buckle Service Kit
End Cap Service Kit
Wedge/Screw Retainer Kit
Bracket Kit.

Anyone here know what I should order or how i can get this thing installed? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Tacoma Quick Latch Bracket Kit:
PT329-35051

You're welcome.

Marc M
Old 01-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. Sounds like you need the bracket kit.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
kinda a dumb question, but does this bracket hook up to the slider rails like the one on a frontier? Been thinking about getting the bed extender myself.

edit: NM, found out its not the same kind, oh well, still gonna get one.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:49 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
Tacoma Quick Latch Bracket Kit:
PT329-35051

You're welcome.

Marc M
DUDE! THANKS so much. This is much better then the Toyota parts service itself!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #6
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Hey - I have one of these kits for sale. I bought an extender and kit, never used it and when I sold the extender I couldn't find the kit. Found it now. It's unused, I think I paid about $35.

You can have it for $20.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:01 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
Hey - I have one of these kits for sale. I bought an extender and kit, never used it and when I sold the extender I couldn't find the kit. Found it now. It's unused, I think I paid about $35.

You can have it for $20.

I' ll take it. Sending PM now.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:02 AM   #8
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

weihenstephaner's Tacoma Gallery
Two other options:
  • Bestop version - same part, works great. Only it comes with self-tapping screws instead of bolts like the Toyota mounting kit.
  • A guy on TN has a kit for sale for $5.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #9
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

weihenstephaner's Tacoma Gallery
Whoops. Didn't see petersharp's post before I posted my reply. Didn't intend to step on any selling toes.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by weihenstephaner View Post
Two other options:
  • Bestop version - same part, works great. Only it comes with self-tapping screws instead of bolts like the Toyota mounting kit.
  • A guy on TN has a kit for sale for $5.
Thanks for the post. but already got my money in the mail for petersharp.
could have same me $10, but that's ok. Still %50 off from toyota.