Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Roll Bars

Old 10-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #21
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly taco View Post
Thanks!!Would love to see your part of the world. I am a avid bow hunter would love to see some of the larger game there.We have good hunting here mostly just whitetail and black bear
We got just about everything here, lots of deer of course and depending on where you go, large elk herds as well. Idk if you ever had any, but elk burger is amazing! Buffalo burger isn't bad either.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #22
hillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tommy
hillbilly taco's Tacoma Gallery
Elk and Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
We got just about everything here, lots of deer of course and depending on where you go, large elk herds as well. Idk if you ever had any, but elk burger is amazing! Buffalo burger isn't bad either.
Maybe one day when I retire I can spend some time out they way.Dont even care if i hunt just thank it would be amazing to see all the wild life
Old 10-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #23
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Maybe one day when I retire I can spend some time out they way.Dont even care if i hunt just thank it would be amazing to see all the wild life
It is nice here, best place to view wildlife is in Yellowstone. They got just about everything there, last October when I was there a mother grizzly and her cub ran down the road past my truck, here is the picture I snapped.

Biggest thing to watch out for in Yellowstone is the dumb tourists that try to pet the animals and something like this happens...Despite the numerous signs throughout the park that firmly state that Yellowstone is not a petting zoo and that the animals can kill you, people still do these kinds of things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yiqzp...=results_video
Old 10-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #24
hillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PRETTY COOL STUFF

Quote:
It is nice here, best place to view wildlife is in Yellowstone. They got just about everything there, last October when I was there a mother grizzly and her cub ran down the road past my truck, here is the picture I snapped.

Biggest thing to watch out for in Yellowstone is the dumb tourists that try to pet the animals and something like this happens...Despite the numerous signs throughout the park that firmly state that Yellowstone is not a petting zoo and that the animals can kill you, people still do these kinds of things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yiqzp...=results_video
This is ineresting stuff to me stuff you see lots of thats the best thing about this site to me is that you got pretty cool people from everywere in the states even canada and hawaii
Old 10-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #25
Quote:
This is ineresting stuff to me stuff you see lots of thats the best thing about this site to me is that you got pretty cool people from everywere in the states even canada and hawaii
Yep, this forum is just a awesome place to be, 'nuff said. There are a few bad apples here, but other than that it is really friendly. I used to be a really active member on JeepForum and the sheer douche-baggery of that place drove me away, I still drop in every now and again, but it becomes less and less.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #26

Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #27

snow

Quote:
I think that looks pretty good actually OP, sure enhance the look of a regular cab, but seem outta place on any other cab configuration imo.
hey Jon what up.where gettin youlls weather hurricane has droped 16 inches of snow more to come tried to go to work couldnt get there trees in the rd
Old 10-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #28
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
There is still a guy out there that makes custom real roll bars for the Tacoma and all trucks, although I dont know how useful a real roll bar is, if it doesnt mount to the frame in the right spots. Either way, it gives it a "Tuff" look and good spot to mount your lights. They look great for those of us that grew up in the 80's with every pickup having a roll bar. They are a little pricey...but the real deal. Pages 10 & 11 have the Tacomas.
http://www.truckrollbar.com/3barphotos/index10.html

We used to have a couple of hunting trucks for the ranch in South Texas, and we had our off road spot light on the rolls bars and then driving/fog lights on the bumper...you cant beat that combination.

There is a new T-force package coming out with the 2013 with a "light bar" / "bed bar" that looks ok for mounting lights/ possibly tying down lumber overhead. Looks like the rear mounts into the cleat rails. There has been something similar for the Hilux for years...I have seen them on the Mexican Hilux around town,

Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #29

you are exacty right those of us that grew up in the 80s roll bars were the coolest thing you could do to your truck besides lifting it.Those of us who grew up back then sfill love the look.(US OLDES THAT IS)
Old 10-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #30
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you are exacty right those of us that grew up in the 80s roll bars were the coolest thing you could do to your truck besides lifting it.Those of us who grew up back then sfill love the look.(US OLDES THAT IS)

And if you had a Double Roll Bar...you were REALLY Cool!
My brother had a roll bar in his 78 Scout and I had one in my 82 Bronco...they weren't even pickups!...but you had to have a roll bar in the 80s! If you dont remember or dont know, both of those vehicles had removable hard tops.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #31
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo 95 View Post
And if you had a Double Roll Bar...you were REALLY Cool!
My brother had a roll bar in his 78 Scout and I had one in my 82 Bronco...they weren't even pickups!...but you had to have a roll bar in the 80s! If you dont remember or dont know, both of those vehicles had removable hard tops.
always digged the broncos, i still like the look of roll bars haha, and I was born in 92
Old 10-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
always digged the broncos, i still like the look of roll bars haha, and I was born in 92
Glad some of you yougins still like em Garrett.I think one day theyll make abig come back they look to good to fade away
Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #34

CRAIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I still have the one from my 87 Toyota sitting in my backyard...
Mount it up it would look good in the one your driving now
Old 03-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #35
Quote:
Sorry I haven't got back to this thread in a while, but I gotta ask, where did you get that lightbar in the back? At first I was skeptical, but the more I picture it in my head, the better an idea it seems to become and I would love this setup in my truck. I would like to make my truck look more retro like yours, it really looks good with the silver especially. Really loving the looks of your truck.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #36
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea your right I guess I am still stuck in the 80s I still like this look.This was the look back in my young buck days I guess Ive hit my mid life crisis
Not a mid life crisis, by the sounds of it, you are still far away from turning into an old man
Old 08-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #37
johneutah is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Former SrA
Name: Phil
johneutah's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 87' pickup with double bars in the bed and KC lights. I really miss it. I like the look of your truck and I'm pretty sure I will do something similar to mine after I lift it. BTW where are you located in WV, my wife is originally from there.