Notices

run a SUBPUMP off the bed outlet

Old 10-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
rudy0077 is on a distinguished road

Army: 404th Airborne
Name: Rudy
rudy0077's Tacoma Gallery
run a SUBPUMP off the bed outlet

Anyone ever run a 3.5 amp sump pump off of the bed outlet in the back of a 2012 tacoma? Just looking to see worst case scenario of this generator craps out.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a sub pump?
you mean sump pump?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a dick. I never heard anyone call it that, but it is submersible so I can understand.
3.5 amps at 120V =420 watts. Its only rated for 400 in idle. I wouldn't do it.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brooks
dbkid05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i know it will run a hair dryer on low while the truck is running if that helps.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #6

in that case anyone know whats the worst that can happen? if the invertor goes then i could deal with that but not doing any lasting damage to the truck bc then ill go nuts.

i just tested it to see if it would work and the pump worked but dont know much about electricity and dont know what would happen for a prolonged period of time.

by the way the world is ending in new jersey so thats why im trying this nonsense
Old 10-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy0077 View Post
in that case anyone know whats the worst that can happen? if the invertor goes then i could deal with that but not doing any lasting damage to the truck bc then ill go nuts.

i just tested it to see if it would work and the pump worked but dont know much about electricity and dont know what would happen for a prolonged period of time.

by the way the world is ending in new jersey so thats why im trying this nonsense
Everything is fused. Toyota knows someone will try to run a Skilsaw or something off that outlet, they planned accordingly. I'd go for it.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brooks
dbkid05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

all that happens is the outlet turns off and you have to go push the button again it has a built in cut off switch. by the way good luck just heard about whats happening.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Sorry, wasn't trying to be a dick. I never heard anyone call it that, but it is submersible so I can understand.
3.5 amps at 120V =420 watts. Its only rated for 400 in idle. I wouldn't do it.
And that does not take into consideration the "start-up amps" the pump motor will draw.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkid05tacoma View Post
all that happens is the outlet turns off and you have to go push the button again it has a built in cut off switch. by the way good luck just heard about whats happening.
Yep, according to the manual, it has a protection circuit and will just cut power and have to be reset. also a 3.5A pump doesn't mean it will pull 3.5 amps all the time.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #12

i think ill give it a try when the power goes down. thanks fellas...good thing is im all the way by philly but according to the latest tracking we're supposed to have zombies out and about with this being the end of man kind. take care
Old 10-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i think ill give it a try when the power goes down. thanks fellas...good thing is im all the way by philly but according to the latest tracking we're supposed to have zombies out and about with this being the end of man kind. take care
Nice knowing you.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Dude-If you are worried about the storm you need a generator, not to try to run a piece of vital equipment off a barely or not quite capable power source.
Don't try to be cheap and end up becoming a victim.
he's got a generator, just wants to make sure the truck outlet is an adequate backup
Old 10-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #16
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
you can always go to a home store and buy a battery backup pump system...basement watchdogs a good one and simers ace in the hole is not !! i run both a pedestal and the battery backup at my house just in case. generator also in case of a longer than 7 hour loss of power.fill those gas cans now.....good luck in this storm peeps...be safe
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #19

didnt have to use generator or truck....whew, dodged a bullet. power never went out even though half the state is in ruins
Old 10-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #20
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quick answer is no, it won't run it, that circuit is only rated at like a half-amp