Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

285/75/16s are like the 30/30 deer rifle lets see em

Old 10-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
hillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tommy
hillbilly taco's Tacoma Gallery
285/75/16s are like the 30/30 deer rifle lets see em

show off your 285s they sure do look good on the tacos!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...xperience.html

Old 10-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Old 10-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
hillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

315s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
How about a 315

Chris you already your315s and your truck look great but you dont have to make us little guys jealus
Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #7
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly taco View Post
Chris you already your315s and your truck look great but you dont have to make us little guys jealus

Sorry Tom....I'll go sit in the corner now.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
A little Instagram action lol
Attached Thumbnails
285/75/16s are like the 30/30 deer rifle lets see em-image.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #9
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-28-2012, 02:12 AM   #11

Quote:
^^Daaaayum! Biggest 285 ever!
I feei ya
Old 10-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #12
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kala View Post

thats getting awfully brave for a 2wd! j/k, nice truck!

my 285's they are actually treadwrights, and i have probably 3k miles on them so far. they are great, i like them better than the 1200 dollar BFG's i had... and i think they look good too. if i didnt tell you guys, you wouldve never known!
Old 10-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #13
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^Daaaayum! Biggest 285 ever!
Theyre just regular 285/75 bfg m/t. last pic had mud packed on it, maybe thats why they look big? Im running 305s right now...
Old 10-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #14
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Theyre just regular 285/75 bfg m/t. last pic had mud packed on it, maybe thats why they look big? Im running 305s right now...
Yup.....the muddy tire pic looks like 35" or more.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:23 AM   #15
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
305s....

It seemed to do fine with the 285s. i did a lot of stuff with those tires. Towed a bunch with em too.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Im feelin ya take care of her shes gold I looked for one in the 90s for 2years all I could find was rust buckets here.so i settled for my 09
Old 10-28-2012, 02:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Yup.....the muddy tire pic looks like 35" or more.
They looked large to me to but they may look larger on an older model truck. Chris go back to your corner because I know were this is going I think you got a harder head than me and thats real hard
Old 10-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #18
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery

Old 10-28-2012, 02:42 AM   #19
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
305s....

It seemed to do fine with the 285s. i did a lot of stuff with those tires. Towed a bunch with em too.

i like those old tundra wheels.. and thought about picking a set up! will have to now, they are cheap on craigslist! did you have to use spacers to clear 285's with them? they should be the correct offset IIRC..
Old 10-28-2012, 02:50 AM   #20
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i like those old tundra wheels.. and thought about picking a set up! will have to now, they are cheap on craigslist! did you have to use spacers to clear 285's with them? they should be the correct offset IIRC..
I wasnt a fan of the Tundra stocks but they grew on me. I had a set for about 4 years but let my brother use em and got em back with multiple plugs in 3 of the tires. I picked up 3 more from a wrecked tundra and had my friend mount the 305s. Besides the 305s, the tundra stocks only had 245 or 265/70s...something small. I have two sets of 05+ taco snowflake stocks, one 265/75r16 and one 285/75 but I cracked one of the rims with the 285s. I cant remember if the wheel spacers went on before or after the 285s. I got 18" XD rims and they needed wheel spacers so I could run em but ive taken the spacers on and off thru out the years I had the truck. With the 305s, ive always had the w/s on.