Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma 3D cad files?

Old 10-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
sexual ninja
barker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarker14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
barker14's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma 3D cad files?

I use 3d modeling software at work and have a copy on my home computer as well. So naturally I have a few ideas I have in my head for Tacoma accessories and other general truck parts and assemblies that I have been playing with in CAD. I noticed that there is a website that has a solid file for a 1996 Tacoma they have for sale but I haven't seen any 2nd gens. Has anyone ever heard of or have a copy of a 3d model of our trucks? I would like to get my hands on one that is dimensionally close at least. It would be great for mocking up designs without building something and it turning out terrible looking with the truck. Toyota obviously used models to create the truck so there must be something out there. I wouldn't expect to get a full truck assembly but a solid file of the outside of the truck would be awesome.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
Africa is not for sissies!
4x4 Ralph is on a distinguished road

Name: Ralph
4x4 Ralph's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 4x4 Ralph
3D file

Hi
actually I had the same 'problem' and got hands on a file in different file types of a 2012 Access cab....still interested?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
StuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Mark
StuckinOhio's Tacoma Gallery
Ralph. I have been looking for the same files and would be interested if you were willing to share. Thanks
Old 06-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #4

Hi Mark,

nice hearing from you...:-)

actually it turns out to be a kind of a 'difficulty'...I am stuck with the problem to covert an *.igs file into Solidworks...
My possibilities are a bit limited...with 8GB Ram and an iCore 3 it is not possible...I am meeting somebody tomorrow that is producing Canopes in Cape Town/South Africa...also working with Solid Works...he just told me that he is able to convert it...lets see...he will make a canope for me and for that he needs the dimensions...
I will come back to you as soon as I know more...otherwise I could upload the *.igs file wherever you want me to..
regards
Ralph
Old 06-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
bwanamukubwa is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
bwanamukubwa's Tacoma Gallery
A fellow african! I was born in Zambia!

Back to the topic, i too would like the 3D models as i play around with solidworks quite a bit..
Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #6

wowowow...nice that you call me a fellow african...:-),,, but sorry I am not...

I am German, living since 5 years in SA...located in Pretoria but actually in Cape Town to train my colleagues...

don't you miss Africa?

I must admit: I am planning to go back to Germany and I already miss Africa...;-)
Old 06-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #7

what file conversion do you need? I have i.e. a *.dxf available
Old 06-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
StuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of lightStuckinOhio is a glorious beacon of light
.dwg would be great!. I have access to Solidworks, AutoCAD, and Pro E so I'll take anything. Thanks for the quick response!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
bwanamukubwa is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
bwanamukubwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 Ralph View Post
wowowow...nice that you call me a fellow african...:-),,, but sorry I am not...

I am German, living since 5 years in SA...located in Pretoria but actually in Cape Town to train my colleagues...

don't you miss Africa?

I must admit: I am planning to go back to Germany and I already miss Africa...;-)
Haha, es tut mir leit. Ich habe in deutschland gewohnt fuer 14 monat, aber ich habe zu viel shon fergessen weil habe ich kein uebung!

And i do miss africa.. pretoria is awesome!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #10

Hi stuckinohio,

you just need to tell me where to drop the files...but they are big...
regards
Ralph

@bwanamukubwa:

Africa is not for sissies - as you know - next month: 3 days Gabarone, 3 days Windhoek...Richardsbay, Umhlanga, Nelspruit...I'll enjoy it before I go back to Europe
Old 06-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I would be inrerested in a copy as well!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #13

files available?

So far nothing in Solidworks...but i.e. *.igs....
Old 06-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #14
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Link?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #15
Zonktified has a spectacular aura aboutZonktified has a spectacular aura about

Name: Rob
Zonktified's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take an igs file or a SW file...I use both. SW for my wood working designs and CREO for medical devices... Hook me up bro's!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #16
GO TIGERS!
suttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuttonkb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
suttonkb's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to suttonkb
This would be awesome if I could get this too!
Old 06-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
custom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to all

Army: 5/19 SFG(A)
custom90gt's Tacoma Gallery
How big are the files? I'd be interested in them, and could also host them on my google drive or buddy's server...
Old 06-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #18
The files are about 2 Gb. I have been trying to open the files Ralph but it keeps crashing my programs. I will report back when I get it to work successfully.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #19
Mazzive is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Mazzive's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd I would love to have a 3D file of the truck
Old 06-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #20
custom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to allcustom90gt is a name known to all

Army: 5/19 SFG(A)
custom90gt's Tacoma Gallery
Ralph sent me the zip file. The IGS file within is about 2gb, but the zip file is 300mb. I haven't had time to play with it, but here is the link for anyone who wants to try it.