1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 recall questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1mrwatermaker, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Oct 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    1mrwatermaker

1mrwatermaker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD 4X4
    XD Chrome Revolvers 18x9, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires,chrome bull bar,chrome nerfbars, foglight mod, led interior lights,5% tent all around, factory HU, AUX mod kicker6x9 front, kicker 6.5 rear, power acoustik tweets F&B, eclipse EQ, kicker 4 ch amp, 600D directed amp, 2 8" Kicker DVC Comp subs, ultraguage, LED cupholder lights, LED bed lights
    i got a letter in the mail couple weeks ago telling me there was a recall on my truck with the floor mats binding up under the gas petal. has anyone had this problem or can explain things. bought truck used and there were no mats in it, will toyota give me new ones or should i just buy my own... will it be a waste of time to drive 1 hr to dealership

2. Oct 28, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    Creston

Creston Crusty

Member:
    First Name:
    CrustyBushman
    DaBush, Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2006 tacoma sport
    ARB Front bumper. OME suspension with 2.5" lift. Firestone airbag load assist.
    I've got an 06 also, all that toyota did was cut 1/2" off the lower end of my gas pedal! the factory mats are held in place with plastic hooks and velcro. I've never had a problem with my pedal sticking even before I let Toyota cut my gas pedal

3. Oct 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    The recall is 2-stage and is a response to the "uncontrolled acceleration" issues of a few years ago.

#1 - They cut the bottom off of your gas pedal. Some dealerships do a decent job, others it's a hack job that looks like a 3 y/o did it. The dealer does have the option of replacing the pedal with a new unit that is properly molded to the new size.

#2 - They reflash the ECU. With the new programming, if the accelerator is depressed more than 25% or 35% and the brake is applied, the ECU shuts the engine down to idle.

They will not replace your missing floor mats.

Products Discussed in

To Top