Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What to do next

Old 10-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
What to do next

Hey guys, well I'm kinda stumped. I haven't modded the Taco much lately...any ideas on what to do next? Here is the most recent picture I have of how it sits today...I have a center console organizer and (4) 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on the way..hope the wheel spacers will make it look even beefier!

How she sits now

Photoshopped black hood scoop and lower valence cuz I'm bored

Any ideas?!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks pretty good already! I take it your not much into offroading? What about some lighting up front?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Weston
UNDEAD1153's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM and do you off road?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'd definitely remove those badges.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a TRD badge on the tailgate, and I kept the badges cuz I like how they tie in w/ the chrome on the rims...it's the only chrome on the truck and it's subtle!

I have hella 500's mounted behind the grill...hard to tell in that pic lol...and it's a 2010 so it's already kinda of got the smoked headlight look which is enough for me! I'm a little skeptical on doing the BHLM...

and yes I'd love to off road but I don't have much time and there isn't really anywhere near me to go that I know of...I'm only played around in the mud 3-4 times..can't find any nice open areas I need to try these Hankook Dynapro's out in some mud!!

Edit: Thanks for the ideas/feedback so far!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #7

Ops, totally missed the Hella's behind the grill. I have a 2010 with the smoked headlights so i know how you feel by not wanting to do a BHLM.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Trevor
911 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I like your truck, looks good! Plastidip the emblems and the lower valence or take it to a vinyl shop and let them do your roof in black!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #10
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Dents. It needs some abuse, that thing is entirely too shiny and clean.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Please don't plasti-dip your emblems. Do it right

The lower valence is a great look IMO. I will admit to plasti-dippin that part.... but only because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. Plasti-dip doesn't hold up over time, and thats why I will never use it again.

Also, I really like the look of a set of the non-agressive eyelids that match the grill lines. I have them on mine. Good cheap mod ideas for ya.

Heres another thing you can do

Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #13
Trucker

503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Please don't plasti-dip your emblems. Do it right

The lower valence is a great look IMO. I will admit to plasti-dippin that part.... but only because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. Plasti-dip doesn't hold up over time, and thats why I will never use it again.

Also, I really like the look of a set of the non-agressive eyelids that match the grill lines. I have them on mine. Good cheap mod ideas for ya.

Heres another thing you can do

Yeah I agree PD is good for determining if you like the black look or not...I wouldn't use it for my lower valence, I feel like it'd get chewed up so quick...What lights are those for you bed lights? where did you run the wires? I've always loved your truck Brian! I'll check out the non aggressive eyelids
Old 10-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #14
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503TRD View Post
Yeah I agree PD is good for determining if you like the black look or not...I wouldn't use it for my lower valence, I feel like it'd get chewed up so quick...What lights are those for you bed lights? where did you run the wires? I've always loved your truck Brian! I'll check out the non aggressive eyelids

Here's my writeup for the lights. Don't use that switch though. It jammed up after only a few days. I have a replacement, just haven't installed

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...up-w-pics.html
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #15
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503TRD View Post
trust me I want to off road but I don't have any places
What? You live in Oregon. You've got dunes, mountains, desert, mud...this is like the best place ever to go wheelin.
http://www.oohva.org/pages/map.html
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #17
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
toolbox
Old 10-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
brianv3ntura is on a distinguished road
brianv3ntura's Tacoma Gallery
You don't really need.nothing really but blhm,debadge or blacked out emblems like others suggested.

What you can do is get her dirty