Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Westin Bed Extender

Old 08-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Westin Bed Extender

I just picked up a Westin Bed Extender. My local Pep Boys had them in stock for $199 ($214 with tax).
Old 08-12-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
TJOPILOT will become famous soon enough
TJOPILOT's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-12-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Here are two shots. I have more on my Webshots page.

Installation was pretty straight-forward. You do have to drill three holes for each bracket into the truck bed and you will want a locking tailgate so it can't be taken out. The screws holding it together are strategically placed to make it difficult to take them out with the tailgate up (plus they're Torx screws).

When mounting the release brackets, make sure the release lever swings toward the tailgate. Using the template, it's close enough to ensure it can't release when the tailgate is closed. For reference, I used the larger template and included the small extra sections to account for the bed liner.
Attached Thumbnails
Westin Bed Extender-westin2.jpg   Westin Bed Extender-westin1.jpg  
Old 08-12-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same one except in black in My Tacoma, and had a silver one in My Tundra. They come in handy at times.

The Bed Ex-Tender is an Amp Research product distributed by Westin. Amp Research makes/designs some cutting edge stuff.