1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Westin Bed Extender

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Evil Monkey, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Aug 11, 2007 at 5:30 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey [OP] There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I just picked up a Westin Bed Extender. My local Pep Boys had them in stock for $199 ($214 with tax).

2. Aug 12, 2007 at 7:22 AM
    TJOPILOT

TJOPILOT Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Aug 12, 2007 at 7:40 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey [OP] There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Here are two shots. I have more on my Webshots page.

Installation was pretty straight-forward. You do have to drill three holes for each bracket into the truck bed :eek: and you will want a locking tailgate so it can't be taken out. The screws holding it together are strategically placed to make it difficult to take them out with the tailgate up (plus they're Torx screws).

When mounting the release brackets, make sure the release lever swings toward the tailgate. Using the template, it's close enough to ensure it can't release when the tailgate is closed. For reference, I used the larger template and included the small extra sections to account for the bed liner.

Westin2.jpg
    Westin1.jpg

4. Aug 12, 2007 at 9:27 PM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    I have the same one except in black in My Tacoma, and had a silver one in My Tundra. They come in handy at times.

The Bed Ex-Tender is an Amp Research product distributed by Westin. Amp Research makes/designs some cutting edge stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top