Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Flood in my Taco

Old 10-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Grey Jay is on a distinguished road
Grey Jay's Tacoma Gallery
Flood in my Taco

So after the rain today in Sudbury, there is a small flood on my passenger side coming from my HVAC. Is there a drain somewhere in there that I can get to? I assume its plugged with rhubarb from the pine tree I park under.

Any tips?

Cheers
Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Ya look for it inside the engine bay, on the firewall towards the passenger side down low, there should be a tube coming out, make sure its not clogged
Old 10-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
over60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
over60's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Hey man..... if you park under a pine tree you gotta do this.... This has nothing to do with your current issue, I don't think, but it will rot yer truck if'n you don't clean it....

Open one of the front doors.....look way down at the bottom of the fender in front of the door.....you should see a piece of rubber filling a gap between the body panel and the fender panel..... Lift this rubber from the bottom and use a flashlight to see what's in there....(It should be clean and empty)...

I guarantee that it's plugged with pine needles and other crap..... Just take a garden hose and blast that crap outta there.... then do the other side.....

Your fender will rot off if you do not do this regularly.....

The junk works it's way down there from around your wipers.....

Do you understand what I'm taliking about?.... If not maybe i CAN TAKE A PIC OR 2...

Over60

PS.... If you haven't yet... clean out your cabin filter also....
Old 10-31-2012, 03:23 AM   #4
I'll take a pick if you can get one easy.

Thanks all for the info.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
over60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

over60's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Hey WhiskeyJack....

Here's a couple of pics.... the first is with the rubber lifted up.

The second one the rubber in place....

looks like I better listen to my own advice...I've got a few leaves in there right now..... I discovered this little "hidey hole" from someone on this site and cleaned it this year for the first time...I had about 2" of rotting leaves and crud in there... I put the garden hose in and blasted it out....

This is how the water from your windshield drains away....

Hope this helps ya man....

Over60....
Old 10-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #6

over60's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Grey Jay.... Did you find out what caused the flood in your Taco?... I couldn't have been hurricane Sandy, I don't think, as you posted before she made landfall..hehehe

Thanx.... Over60
Old 10-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
Didn't get a chance to look yet but I am betting on the plugged drain hose. Too much trick-or-treating so far tonight. No Sandy up here, just crappy weather.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
Found the spot by the fender, wasn't too bad. I also found the hose that sticks out of the firewall. Shoved a thing peice of metal in there but it bottomed out not to far in. I'll try again tonight.

Thanks folks
Old 11-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
LocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: RDC Retired
Name: Don
LocoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Keep us posted on what you find.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestion...

OP, do you park your truck on an angle, such that the front passenger side is sloped downwards?

When I do this in heavy winds and driving rain, water seems to enter the opening for my a/c system's fresh air vent. The cabin air filter gets soaked, and water begins to soak the passenger side carpet.

I've tried unblocking the a/c condensate drain hose, and the hose always drips freely.

I found this in my searches for what was going on.

Just an idea.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #11
Thanks, my air filter was soaked, just like you said. Usually my truck is parked relatively flat. I can't see these pics on my work computer but I will try and sort it out this weekend finally ( this and an e-brake cable replacemnet).

Were the hell is Belle River Ontario?

Cheers.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #12
bigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigmooze is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
bigmooze's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Jay View Post
Thanks, my air filter was soaked, just like you said. Usually my truck is parked relatively flat. I can't see these pics on my work computer but I will try and sort it out this weekend finally ( this and an e-brake cable replacemnet).

Were the hell is Belle River Ontario?

Cheers.
Belle River is about 20 minutes east of Windsor. Good luck with the fix, let us know how you make out.