Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

oem switches

Old 01-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
oem switches

I am having a hard time finding a switch that looks and fits facory for my offroad lights the only thing I have found is a oem foglight switch on ebay for $20. Isn't there just a plane jane switch that toyota sells for replacement?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
here ya go, toyotapartsales.com
Old 01-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
wonder if this would work with minor trimming
http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led
Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
These are my switches the ones with the amber light went to the dealer and ordered them there $18 a switch part# 00550-35976 there was trimming and the switches you posted will have minor trimming as well.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The oem foglight swtich Part# is 84160-04010
Old 01-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
These are my switches the ones with the amber light went to the dealer and ordered them there $18 a switch part# 00550-35976 there was trimming and the switches you posted will have minor trimming as well.
Those are the way to go...
Old 01-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
if i went with these which part number do I need what is Momerntary

http://www.4x4mods.com/Product/Jeep/...rswitch40.html
Old 01-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post

Those will fit with trimming -- look a bit clunky to me... almost doesn't look right in there... anywho

A momentary switch only closes (or opens) the circuit when you press the switch. It's usually spring loaded, so when you let go it goes back to being an open (or closed) circuit.

For fog lights, you don't want a momentary switch. All you need is a single pole single throw. RS41P should be good for ya. (It's a single throw, double pole -- can't seem to find any single pole switches on that site.)
Old 01-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

stay away from those switches......junk man. i had 2 of them....used a few times, and both of them broke on the inside. then i went with the ones like socalman22 has.............they work great!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:34 AM   #10
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanks for the advice guys greatly appreciated
Old 01-23-2009, 06:11 AM   #12
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Here is my set up,
Left is lights behind grill
Middle is free
Right is for bed light
How bright are those LED's on the switch. I have had some that will light up the whole cabin. Are those pretty dull?
Old 01-23-2009, 06:14 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wonder if this would work with minor trimming
http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led
Says it'll work on Tacomas without modding
Old 01-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #15
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Longbow you and another member is why i chose that switch looks good.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #17
BatesY is on a distinguished road

BatesY's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BatesY
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Here is my set up,
Left is lights behind grill
Middle is free
Right is for bed light
longbow did you have to do any modding to fit those switches in the blank slots? or did they just pop right in?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #18
Founder Socaltacomas.com

I know i had to trim a little^^^
Old 02-23-2009, 04:46 AM   #20
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Well not knowing the first one I installed I trimmed more, (heavy toothed file) the others was very minor. Took about 10 minutes on the first, the the last about a minute or two.
The pull down pocket on the left will fill with filings, so make sure to remove and clean out when done. I found out the hard way, all my gate
keys where in their, and when I went to get them I dumped trash all over the cleaned out truck............