1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A few OEM Mods?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 292beach, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Oct 31, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    292beach

292beach [OP] Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    10' TRD Double Long
    I was just wondering about a couple of mods I would like to do ASAP.
    -Is there an OEM for the heated mirrors?
    -Is there an OEM for a keyed tailgate or one that locks with the doors?
    -Is there an OEM for an auto start?

Thanks and I know I went to the right place!

JB

2. Oct 31, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    There should be lots of info about each of these already around here somewhere. But to get you pointed in the right direction:

1- The closest to OEM you'll get for mirrors is canibalizing the heated mirror controls from a Highlander. Another option is to use a brand called Muth. They're kind of expensive though. And a 3rd option is to basically jimmy your own using handlebar heater pads for ATVs/Motorbikes. Someone did manage to get a set of OEM 4Runner mirrors to work though, and even wired up the turn signals as well as the puddle lights on them.

2- No OEM that I know of. With the tailgate lock, you have 2 options. The first is PopNLock, which comes power and no power, and includes a key function. The second is called DynoLock which only comes powered and doesn't offer a key function. That's the one that I have, and so far I like it. But I also have a canopy, so if it fails on me, I can still access the bed. If you have a tonneau cover, you may be in a bit of a pickle.

3- Plenty of auto start manufacturers around, including Toyota. Just poke around and see if you can find one you like.

4- Welcome to TW!

3. Oct 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Welcome to TW.
    Not that I'm aware of. Muth mirrors are a popular upgrade for people looking for that.
    No OEM for that. You could try Pop&Lock. They have a electronic lock which is "keyed" to your fob. They also have a manual kit which requires a key only.
    I think you mean push button? If so No OEM for that. There is a member on here selling a after market kit.
    Tacoma World is always the right place!

Frank

Products Discussed in

To Top