Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DIY oil change voids warranty?

Old 11-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
wade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
Name: Ross
wade9986's Tacoma Gallery
You just need official documentation on it being done as far as I know. Didn't think it was legal for them to make you get services done at the dealership only. It's funny how we are probably more qualified than most techs on changing oil too.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #23
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
They can't force you to get the oil changed at the dealership. It was more a question of doing it yourself vs a "qualified tech", like a Quick Lube. Me being a web designer, probably not considered qualified tech, were that the case.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #24
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn View Post
They can't force you to get the oil changed at the dealership. It was more a question of doing it yourself vs a "qualified tech", like a Quick Lube. Me being a web designer, probably not considered qualified tech, were that the case.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8aLaoj5n0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfidE7zpxU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfUJfNljvD8
Old 11-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #25
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
That's why I put qualified in quotes. Fortunately, where I go, I stay in my truck, and with the filter on top, it's pretty easy to see if they're changing it. The rest of the stuff, I do myself.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #26
FFWTacoma2013 is a name known to allFFWTacoma2013 is a name known to allFFWTacoma2013 is a name known to allFFWTacoma2013 is a name known to allFFWTacoma2013 is a name known to allFFWTacoma2013 is a name known to all
Name: Brad
FFWTacoma2013's Tacoma Gallery
crock of shit i was a mechanic for toyota for 3 years and now i just bought my first toyota and am i a diy oil changer. so for them to say it would void is dumb. who says im under qualified than some young ass lube tech who dosent know what the hell their doing most the time anyways. you would be surprised who they let work on your shit. i have seen many oil out situations that they let roll and do you every know. hell no they are trying to cover their ass, so my words of advice "do it yourself"