Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anyone ever swaped out their 12-13 front bumper for the older bumper?

Old 11-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erick Iglesias
ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone ever swaped out their 12-13 front bumper for the older bumper?

to me the new ones look ugly and i waw wondering if anyone had changed from the new style to the older style front end
Old 11-01-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
unfortunately, more than just the bumper cover is different. The brackets behind it, the grille/headlights, everything basically. They arent interchangeable unless you changed the supports, grille, headlights, and hood just to name a few things.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0tas View Post
to me the new ones look ugly and i waw wondering if anyone had changed from the new style to the older style front end

Why dont you just buy a sorta new used 2011?
Old 11-01-2012, 01:54 AM   #4
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Buy an aftermarket plate/tube bumper!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #5
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erick Iglesias
ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Well its mainly just the headlight shape that bugs the crap out of me
Old 11-01-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0tas View Post
Well its mainly just the headlight shape that bugs the crap out of me

Well, then go with my option
Old 11-01-2012, 03:48 AM   #7
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Being as you don't have a truck yet, your options are not limited to the new style, so if you don't like it, don't get it.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have one or the other then not seeing what the problem is. Buy a 2011 low mileage certified pre-owned and get the front end you like and a 7yr/100k drivetrain warranty & add bumper to bumper if you feel the need. Is it that you want entune in a 2005-2011 body or you just have to start with brand new 0 mile vehicle? I traded in my 05 access cab prerunner on a 2008 reg cab prerunner 5 spd in 2011 with 50k on it because it was the last yr reg cab prerunners came with buckets and console and it was and is in great shape and what I wanted. I added the 3yr bumper to bumper because it wasn't certified preowned and didn't have the 7yr/100k drivetrain warranty. Go out and get what you want. Buy new and swap the front clip if that's what you want. It's all possible..........for a little extra, lol.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:16 AM   #9
joshty81 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1/1
Name: J
joshty81's Tacoma Gallery
I recently bought the 2013 Toyota Tacoma and I hate the lower flat grey plastic bumper piece. Does anyone know if I can replace it with a color matched one or does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to make it more visually pleasing?
Old 03-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #10
1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1ToughTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: SSgt. USMC
Name: Chad
1ToughTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Check out post #36 Here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-tacoma-2.html

The XSP pkg has a silver cover
Old 03-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #11
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
When I purchased my 2011 DCSB Sport i was in between a brand new 2012, but there was just something about the front I wasn't feeling and initially the 2011 caught my eye first before I noticed the 2012 model. Ended up going with the 2011 and the previous owner was the service manager at the same Toyota dealership and had full leather installed, overall well maintained and he had the additional warranty added on it when he purchased it so it transferred over to me so that helped with my decision + i saved a couple thousand.

The 2012+ front end has grown on me and once you have a color matched grill, and blacked out headlight housings it look great IMO.