Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wind Noise

Old 11-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
aminkman is on a distinguished road
Name: Al
aminkman's Tacoma Gallery
Wind Noise

I am new to the site and new to my Tacoma. I have a bakflip2 installed on an otherwise stock truck. It's a 2012 Prerunner crew cab TRD model. I am a little disappointed with the wind noise and was wondering if the bed cover contributes to the wind noise. Truck came with the cover so I don't know what it's like without it. Also, is there a way to lower the seats. I'm not very tall and it's awkward to get in and out because of the seat height.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
hygieneboy will become famous soon enough

Navy: Sub Pilot
hygieneboy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with you on the seat height, I'm 6' tall nearly hitting the ceiling and looking at the very top of the windshield/tint strip. I tried reclining the seat but I still wanna be able to steer
Old 11-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the seats were low! Oh well. Mine is a base model though and has different seats.

These trucks aren't exactly fully Toyota-ized for wind noise. They're more like an overgrown Civic in that regard. As for the tonneau, if there's any holes for air to get through then it can make noise. For example my Access Literider has small holes in the front corners; normally it's quiet but it really howls in a heavy crosswind.