1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wind Noise

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aminkman, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Nov 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    aminkman

aminkman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma
    I am new to the site and new to my Tacoma. I have a bakflip2 installed on an otherwise stock truck. It's a 2012 Prerunner crew cab TRD model. I am a little disappointed with the wind noise and was wondering if the bed cover contributes to the wind noise. Truck came with the cover so I don't know what it's like without it. Also, is there a way to lower the seats. I'm not very tall and it's awkward to get in and out because of the seat height.

2. Nov 1, 2012 at 8:57 AM
    hygieneboy

hygieneboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm with you on the seat height, I'm 6' tall nearly hitting the ceiling and looking at the very top of the windshield/tint strip. I tried reclining the seat but I still wanna be able to steer ;)

3. Nov 1, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    I thought the seats were low! Oh well. Mine is a base model though and has different seats.

These trucks aren't exactly fully Toyota-ized for wind noise. They're more like an overgrown Civic in that regard. As for the tonneau, if there's any holes for air to get through then it can make noise. For example my Access Literider has small holes in the front corners; normally it's quiet but it really howls in a heavy crosswind.

Products Discussed in

To Top