1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Running boards / tubes advice please!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mike62, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Nov 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM
    mike62

mike62 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 double silver streak
    Need some advice. I have 2012 double cab and I'm looking for some functional tubes or running boards.My truck came with factory running boards which are worthless .They sit way too high and unless you are 3ft tall you need to bend way over to get in.Looking for some that sit at a functioning level..... any ideas? oval tubes maybe or how about the predator brand... is rust an issue with all black non stainless steel tubes no matter what the brand?..... HELP!

2. Nov 1, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Your current steps are functional in that they protect the sides of the truck from objects kicked up from your front tires. As far as steps, check out NFab or Avid Offroad steps for something that has an actual step a little lower. Rust is a concern with anything steel but, if properly coated and protected, you will be fine. Personally, I live in the salt belt so I went with stainless steel bars by Hunter. They've helf up perfectly for about 5 years now.

Products Discussed in

To Top