LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Running boards / tubes advice please!

Old 11-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
mike62 is on a distinguished road
mike62's Tacoma Gallery
Running boards / tubes advice please!

Need some advice. I have 2012 double cab and I'm looking for some functional tubes or running boards.My truck came with factory running boards which are worthless .They sit way too high and unless you are 3ft tall you need to bend way over to get in.Looking for some that sit at a functioning level..... any ideas? oval tubes maybe or how about the predator brand... is rust an issue with all black non stainless steel tubes no matter what the brand?..... HELP!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike62 View Post
Need some advice. I have 2012 double cab and I'm looking for some functional tubes or running boards.My truck came with factory running boards which are worthless .They sit way too high and unless you are 3ft tall you need to bend way over to get in.Looking for some that sit at a functioning level..... any ideas? oval tubes maybe or how about the predator brand... is rust an issue with all black non stainless steel tubes no matter what the brand?..... HELP!
Your current steps are functional in that they protect the sides of the truck from objects kicked up from your front tires. As far as steps, check out NFab or Avid Offroad steps for something that has an actual step a little lower. Rust is a concern with anything steel but, if properly coated and protected, you will be fine. Personally, I live in the salt belt so I went with stainless steel bars by Hunter. They've helf up perfectly for about 5 years now.