Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help with possible new truck purchase

Old 11-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Help with possible new truck purchase

I just purchased a 2012 Prerunner in June. I was not working at the time and did not want to get into a crazy truck payment. Well after putting a fair amount into the Prerunner (3 grand or so) and being on this site I truly want a 4 wheel drive TRD offraod. I know its sounds crazy but I dont want to continue putting money into a truck I want to get rid of to get a 4X.

Dont get me wrong I love my taco so much that I'm willing to buy the exact same truck just in 4 wheel drive. Just want to get some thoughts on what poeple think. I live in Texas so 4X is not a necessity. I do camp and have a 9 month old son so wheeling would be something fun for us to share when he is older. So what are your thoughs? - check my truck its in my sig.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
You're probably going to take a pretty good hit financially, so you'll have to weigh if thats worth it. I use my 4WD a lot, but I live in AK. If you think you'll need it, get it.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
^ agree.

Are you transfering mods to the new one?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
can you not take your prerunner wheeling?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=kryten;5929289]^ agree.

Are you transfering mods to the new one?[/QUOTE

Yes unless I got a great price at the dealer for how it sits now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
can you not take your prerunner wheeling?
I'm sure I can but there is always that underlying thought what if I need 4 wheel and no wheeling in the rain.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
You might be better off getting this one as close to stock as you can, then trading it in and modding the new one with the take-offs.

EDIT: Might not hurt to see what you can get for it as is though. Dealers are out to make money though, so I can't imagine it'll serve you well to leave all that stuff on.