Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 or 2014 Tacoma?

Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #41
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frissen View Post
I personally couldn't wait because the time was now, nonetheless I don't think I will regret it because what Toyota is going to do is get the Taco and the Hilux closer together reasons being cost of production and introduction of the Hilux to the USA. Toyota has seen the rise of work vehicles, see the MB Sprinter and wants its share of the pie via the Hilux. I can't say if the Taco will be water down or the Hilux brought up but I want to think the first because the Hilux can't be any more expensive that what it is now to compete.

As far as the Amarok, I drove one and its a piece of crap, the interior is falling apart and this was a factory vehicle I drove, it feels completetly inadequate for anything really, the design is attractive but the quality of build is crap.

my 02cents

Thanks for the input on the AMAROK.Yours is the first negative comments I have heard but that is not uncommon for a new production vehicle...especially from VW. I will definetly file your comments on it. No one else I know has driven one. Did you drive it in Germany?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #42
Frissen will become famous soon enough

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rme View Post
Thanks for the input on the AMAROK.Yours is the first negative comments I have heard but that is not uncommon for a new production vehicle...especially from VW. I will definetly file your comments on it. No one else I know has driven one. Did you drive it in Germany?
I drove it in Mexico both gasoline and TDI.

What I found worst is the fact many interior controls and switchery crossed with Jetta MkIV and my Sharan, old, old technology in a 2012 vehicle... I have may fair share of VW experience being in Puebla and all...
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #43
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting

First neg comments I've heard about the Amarok
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #44
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frissen View Post
I drove it in Mexico both gasoline and TDI.

What I found worst is the fact many interior controls and switchery crossed with Jetta MkIV and my Sharan, old, old technology in a 2012 vehicle... I have may fair share of VW experience being in Puebla and all...
LMAO nice to meet you. You didn't put my MKIV together by chance did you? I had to replace the turbo charger at 80,000 miles. But your right if it's stuffed with old technology then what the heck. Can't remember where I read it but the 2014-2016 is suppose to have a bunch of updated items in the cab. A spokesman from Toyota said they had ignored the Tacoma for along time but that was going to change to include an all new upgraded transmission. I'm thinking 8 speed. I am also convinced if anyone can build a low cost, low maintenance outstanding diesel the Japanese can. Hope they prove me right....!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #46
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Does anyone have any legit info on the 2014 yet?
They will definitely be the next ones out
Old 01-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #47
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Onetime27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They will definitely be the next ones out
That's seriously the most confirmed info you can possibly get right now.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #48
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmangone View Post
you may have an issue with the 2013 Tacoma's with a drive line vibration.I'm going into the dealer next week to see if it is a tsb recall on the drive line. I didn't see one for my year but there was an issue with previous models. Just a heads up.

I can say I heard anything for the 2013 I was told that issue had been fix in the last batch of 2012 so couldn't see it being a problem for the 2013,

I already have 5000Km on mine, runs great! the only issue and it may be me not the truck I am having a hard time selecting the low gear, its just flash and won't kick in gear, and the same to take it out once it in low gear.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #49
folmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monty
folmonty's Tacoma Gallery
EPA ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage View Post
I too was going to wait for the redesign, but the more I read the more it points to 2015 as the redesign year for the new EPA regulations.
Hate to say it but, if the update has EPA goals it's most likely not going to be all that much fun IMO. Have yet to see EPA anything make anything with a motor more enjoyable or user friendly. Don't disagree with your guess one bit, which is why I'm shopping NOW! With that said, think I'll go take a spin on a Yamaha RD just to say, "I can." Noting more fun than sitting next to a Prius spewing blue smoke all over it
Old 01-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #50
folmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shedfolmonty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota's the target for sure

Since I'm shopping was interested in why Ford took the Ranger out of this market. Yup, they're still busy chasing the Toyota. And they have what sounds like a nice little 3.2 diesel to boot - http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/11...road-test.html Sounds like it's the same power they use in Euro transportation people movers. Sort of car rental van applications? The story talks more about their obsession with Toyota than their own marketing goals.

Not a bad lookn' truck IMO. Would like bit more power but the torque is outstanding!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #51

rme's Tacoma Gallery
And it looked great and sounded great in Afghanistan...
Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rme View Post
And it looked great and sounded great in Afghanistan...
That post put a BAG on my face. Good one! Funny thing is, all I can picture are Taliban running around in red gen I taco's. It's all we ever see them in. BTW - do they really have the new Ranger? Really??

and thanks to you for being part of the American Armed Forces! I salute you rme!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #53
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiomax View Post
I can say I heard anything for the 2013 I was told that issue had been fix in the last batch of 2012 so couldn't see it being a problem for the 2013,

I already have 5000Km on mine, runs great! the only issue and it may be me not the truck I am having a hard time selecting the low gear, its just flash and won't kick in gear, and the same to take it out once it in low gear.

try neutral, then shut off motor, restart. and see what happens, next
time this occurs

some gear in the tranny could still be spinning and
it won't engage lo until it stops. 4runner did this (manual 4lo lever)
and half the time it would grind, so I shut it off, started back up, and whatever gear was spinning was stopped and it would go right into lo
Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #54
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a 2012 or a 2013 ... then get the 3rd Gen after it's on the road for a couple of years.

New platforms always have main issues that are solved in 2nd and 3rd year's production ... been burned 4 times (by Toyota & Nissan) like this ... ...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #55
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
Buy a 2012 or a 2013 ... then get the 3rd Gen after it's on the road for a couple of years.

That's my plan unless they ruin the design or engine choices
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #56
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
That's my plan unless they ruin the design or engine choices
... ^^^ ... Me too ... ... My main concern is the Tacoma getting too big ...
Old 01-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #57
Kooltaco is on a distinguished road
Kooltaco's Tacoma Gallery
In two weeks the new 2014 Tundra will be unveiled at the Chicago auto show which may have a few new features and engine advances. I bet the new Direct Injection V6 will find its way to the Tacoma very soon....maybe even this fall.....
Old 02-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #58
thomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the rough
Army:
thomasr1950's Tacoma Gallery
So what can we expect for the 2014 & 2015 Tacoma's? I'm debating on when to trade. I have a 09 TRD Sport with less than 30,000 mi. so far it's been very dependable. Trade in right now should be about $20 -$21,000 in my area, that's dealer trade in.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #59

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post

New platforms always have main issues that are solved in 2nd and 3rd year's production ... been burned 4 times (by Toyota & Nissan) like this ... ...
I agree 100%. My 95 was purchased as within the first 60 days of production and marketing. Now it's getting harder to find parts because it is a 95 and 1/2...the first half.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #60
Kooltaco is on a distinguished road
Kooltaco's Tacoma Gallery
This Thursday we will find out about all of the updates to the 2014 Tundra, and what will possibly make its way to the Tacoma in the future. I will say that the body style will stay the same for two more years but we will get the updated V6 with direct injection for those who buy a 2014 Taco. If you are about to buy a new Taco wait at least until the Tundra details are announed later this week....