Notices

2013 or 2014 Tacoma?

Old 11-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
UrMySon is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
UrMySon's Tacoma Gallery
2013 or 2014 Tacoma?

Hi Guys,

I'm currently looking for a vehicle. I've had an 06 Tacoma and an 08 Tundra, and now a 11 carmy that i'm not really happy with. I've heard from a few different sources that a redesign of the Tacoma is happening and they are calling it a 2014 and releasing it in 2013.

I was wondering if in fact there is a redesign, do you think they would release it early in the year or wait until sept like they always do? I'm pretty set on getting a new Tacoma as it has been my favorite vehicle so far. I would just hate to buy one now and in 6 months a really cool Tacoma is released. That happened to me with the Camry and I've been somewhat pissed that i didn't wait.

I know no one really knows if the redesign is happening next year or not, but i want to know when Toyota does do a redesign if they release them when the next year model comes out or do they do a early release.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 11-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Vantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Vantage's Tacoma Gallery
I too was going to wait for the redesign, but the more I read the more it points to 2015 as the redesign year for the new EPA regulations.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Well look at the history of Tacoma releases and you will see that 2015 is probably the year the new one comes out.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
photonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud of
Name: John
photonashville's Tacoma Gallery
Since you're on a 2 year or so interval on cars, buy a new one now, enjoy it and then when the possible 2015 new design comes out, it will be about time for your next vehicle. Just judging by your buying pattern.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Flight Ready
Space Junk is on a distinguished road

Space Junk's Tacoma Gallery
Buy one now, why wait a year or two? Tacoma's keep their value well so when 2014/2015 comes out just sell yours and use as a down payment. If it will be a complete redesign, how do you know you will like how the new one looks? There may be design flaws and recalls in a new gen Tacoma. Why deprive yourself when you can have a great truck now?
Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
UrMySon's Tacoma Gallery
I just don't want to pick one up tomorrow and in March Toyota reveals a new Tacoma.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMySon View Post
I just don't want to pick one up tomorrow and in March Toyota reveals a new Tacoma.
If anything changes it will be very minor.
It's like buy a computer, the second you buy one it's already outdated.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My philosophy...you never want to buy a 'Re-design' vehicle the first year of production. You want to wait a couple years while they get the bugs worked out....

With that being said.... Buying a 2013 now and have it for 4 years or more while you decide if the 3rd Gen Tacoma is what you want or if it suites your needs. You never know....Life changes.... you might decide to keep the 2013 for a very long time. Or, you may need to get a non-truck vehicle next time.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
pbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pbm317's Tacoma Gallery
From a previous thread

Quote:
It looks like the next significant redesign of the Tacoma is for the 2016 Model Year.
My company makes airbag inflators and are in the running for the passenger inflator, which has a Start Of Production of August 2015. They usually don't do full bid packages unless they are doing an interior redesign that allows Airbag Module changes. That would be in line with the CAFE standards change and about on their normal schedule since 2nd Gens are getting up in age.
Just a heads up.
Member name: SVHANC

So looks like you'll be good for about 3 years
Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #10
geoff7877 has a spectacular aura aboutgeoff7877 has a spectacular aura about

geoff7877's Tacoma Gallery
I read some Toyota internal release that was posted somewhere that the redesign was going to be 2016.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
crazy joker is a jewel in the roughcrazy joker is a jewel in the roughcrazy joker is a jewel in the roughcrazy joker is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jesse
crazy joker's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a new truck now, then buy it now. Toyota just gave it a face lift last year, so they most likely won't change it again next year. And if they do, so what? You'll still love what you bought.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #12
usadaytrader is on a distinguished road
usadaytrader's Tacoma Gallery
Every Tacoma forum seems to always encourage "buy it now," than wait for the next model. I bought my 05 (first year) and had very little problems with it. I am waiting for the next gen. I love the truck, but for the money, I want something newer. I already experienced this truck.

Hopefully 2013 is when its coming out. If not, thats okay. My Tacoma will still be there when the new ones released.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Save your money and try to scope out a killer deal on a 2012.

Unless you are loaded and money doesn't mean a thing then wait for the 2013. Or wait if you are loaded then get the 12 and trade in for the 13 when it comes.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #14
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
You've got 2 tucks and want a 3rd? Or do you plan to sell them for a newer Taco?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #15
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMySon View Post
TBH, there are people that have been saying that for like 5 years now... but if you are not happy with the current design then by all means wait. Realize though that the redesign might end up looking like a turd to you.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #16
UrMySon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
You've got 2 tucks and want a 3rd? Or do you plan to sell them for a newer Taco?
No i have traded each vehicle in on the newer one, currently i am truckless
Old 11-06-2012, 04:44 AM   #17
UrMySon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usadaytrader View Post
Every Tacoma forum seems to always encourage "buy it now," than wait for the next model. I bought my 05 (first year) and had very little problems with it. I am waiting for the next gen. I love the truck, but for the money, I want something newer. I already experienced this truck.

Hopefully 2013 is when its coming out. If not, thats okay. My Tacoma will still be there when the new ones released.
I feel the same way, but its hard to wait.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #18

Well get comfy! It's going to be a few years. I have a 4 year lease on my 2012 so mine is timed perfectly.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
I often think about this too. I wish they would let more info out so I can plan my next truck
The features will only get better. They won't release pics until a few months before is actually ready for sale. Like I said before, get comfy. It's going to be a few years.