Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How about an Electric Tacoma?

Old 11-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
I saw a bumper sticker on a logging truck about the eco-Kooks, it said.

" When you feel like complaining about logging, try wiping your ass with a piece of plastic. "
Developing alternate technologies and fuels doesn't make you an eco-Kook
Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #22
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
It does when it's not driven by economics.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #23
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
It does when it's not driven by economics.
I disagree

non poluting technologies > poluting technologies
Old 11-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #24
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

not in the sense of economics eco kook

not yet
Old 11-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #25

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not in the sense of economics eco kook

not yet
eh ?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #26
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Electric pickup truck won't be viable for a long time, because the battery pack eats directly into payload capacity, and Tacomas do not have a lot of profit margins built into it compared to premium brands like Range Rover. I would say electric cars like the Tesla Model S with 300-mile range already competes favorably against gas-powered cars like the M5. I posted this a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHTN0Yi1t4

Quote:
The magazine says the M5 used in the test carried a sticker price of $106,695 (after destination) and tipped the scales at 4,387 lbs (1,989kg), while the Model S was priced at $102,270 and weighed in at 4,640 lbs (2,105 kg).
Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #27
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for later.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #28
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Electric pickup truck won't be viable for a long time, because the battery pack eats directly into payload capacity, and Tacomas do not have a lot of profit margins built into it compared to premium brands like Range Rover. I would say electric cars like the Tesla Model S with 300-mile range already competes favorably against gas-powered cars like the M5. I posted this a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvHTN0Yi1t4
Not really true. small pickups are in use right now, my college uses them, similar to this. You added no speed or weight minimum qualifier so this applies.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #29
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I disagree

non poluting technologies > poluting technologies
unless the "non polluting" tech costs 9 times as much, then it starts killing everything it touches.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #30
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
Not really true. small pickups are in use right now, my college uses them, similar to this. You added no speed or weight minimum qualifier so this applies.

Cool, though the payload is probably not much more than a Cushman

Old 11-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
unless the "non polluting" tech costs 9 times as much, then it starts killing everything it touches.
You can't develop new technologies if you never develop them , prices will come down , we're not riding horses are we ?
Old 11-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #32

The ICE is leaps and bounds above horses. Electric vehicles not so much.

New technologies will shine when they either match efficiency and economics of current ICEs, or exceed.

For now, they don't.

The eco fucks are trying to force the economics part.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

New technologies will shine when they either match efficiency and economics of current ICEs, or exceed.

For now, they don't.
Exactly , my point , never developing / implementing these technologies won't move them closer to parity
Old 11-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #34

Guess you better get developing... good luck.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Guess you better get developing... good luck.
You would suggest a freeze on development ?
Old 11-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #36

I would suggest the markets will do what makes the most sense and that the eco fucks not try to push their agenda with the government(our) to invest OUR money into this.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #37
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
eh ?
Develop all the cleaner technologies you want.

Only the rare eco-kooks who actually practise what they preach will spend more to buy it.

When alternative technologies are economically and socially viable, they will be produced and purchased.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #38

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would suggest the markets will do what makes the most sense and that the eco fucks not try to push their agenda with the government to invest OUR money into this.
Oh , I get it now , for you this is a political discussion , I was coming at it from a neutral standpoint

There is no reason to carry on
Old 11-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #39
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh , I get it now , for you this is a political discussion , I was coming at it from a neutral standpoint

There is no reason to carry on
It is not the government's job to develop new technologies.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #40

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Develop all the cleaner technologies you want.

Only the rare eco-kooks who actually practise what they preach will spend more to buy it.

When alternative technologies are economically and socially viable, they will be produced and purchased.
Again , how do you make them economically viable without developing them ? It's not like cleaner emmissions / better fuel economy is a bad thing