Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Alternative Location for D-Rings in Bed

Old 11-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Alternative Location for D-Rings in Bed

I like Neubs' write-up on adding D-Rings to the truck bed but had my own reasons for not installing the D-Ring thru the bed bolt (my bed bolts are rust magnets, need rings to swivel, preferred not to dremel). Also wasn't a fan of the OEM location inside the wheelwell/sidewall as I wanted the D-Rings (PT278-35054) on the floor and a position where the backplate couldn't freely spin.

Found a spot next to the bed bolt where the backplate fits with no wiggle-room, allowing for easy tightening.

Tools:
7/16" masonry bit
T40 bit
Torque wrench (set @32N-m)

Old 11-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
That's good, I wish I'd thought of that before I installed mine. I put them in the sides according to the directions included but your way seems like it would have been easier.