Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can I please keep my winch??? Please!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Can I please keep my winch??? Please!

I have a relitively new CBI front receiver and a Warn 9.5cti integrated solenoid winch. I have recently been considering a front plate bumper for my 2010 Trd Sport. Anyone here have a bumper that accepts this winch without cutting the crap out of the bumper and grill? The wench is brand new and if I can avoid loosing my ass on selling it, I would juast as soon keep it if possible.

If you have been able to get this type of set up to work, please let me know with which bumper and if any modifications were needed.

Post or PM me. - Thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed911 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Trevor
911 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...gens-only.html

From what I have seen, it looks like almost all of them only work with ones that have a remote mounted solenoid.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
JLW82 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Motor cop
Name: Justin
JLW82's Tacoma Gallery
Psssssst! Check out TJM bumpers. I have the 9.5ti and ran into the same issue as y'all. Winch fits as is with no modifications to bumper. I believe it has approximately 1 1/2" to spare.
Attached Thumbnails
Can I please keep my winch??? Please!-image.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytacoman View Post
reviving an old post.. nick- did you get your winch to work with the bumper? have the same problem my self currently.
Hey Kelby, Ya I did get this set up to work. The Fab Four front bumper fit the Warn 9.5Cti perfectly. I will be getting some pics to update my TW profile. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
mightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmightytacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kelby
mightytacoman's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys, just an update, I was able to get the warn 8000i to fit on my brute force bumper, I had to remove what I think would be called a radiator cross member which realistically wasnt doing much for support anyways after the 3/8" steel bumper was put on there. Justin thanks for mentioning TJM bumpers. I haven't heard of them yet but good to know they work with integrated solenoid winches as well.