1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Factory Alarm for Base Models?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by T@co_Pr3runn3r, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Jan 23, 2009 at 5:26 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r [OP] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Is there a Toyota factory alarm kit that would just tap the door pin switches & have a shock sensor & plug into existing wiring harnesses for parking lights/horn/starter kill? I know I'd have to get a factory key fob to arm/disarm it & still use key in door since I don't have pwr windows/locks. Just wondering because I did this to my Mazda P5. Only difference is I already had keyless entry. It plugged into existing wiring harness with no cutting or slicing except tapping into the parking light wire.

2. Jan 23, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    hashemg

hashemg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern MA
    Vehicle:
    08 Black Reg Cab 4x4
    3" Lift, Camburg Coil-Overs and UCA, 3" All Pro Leafs and OME rear shock, 33X12.5R17 Mickey Thompson on teflon coated American racing rims, Black headlight mod, Black taillight mod, tourneau cover, cargo divider, door sil protecors.
    I don't think so.....but just go aftermarket. i have a viper SST with remote start and i love it. and if you go a best buy, the don't charge much to install it

3. Jan 23, 2009 at 7:12 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r [OP] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Yeah, I know but that'll be a buncha harness hackin. Not worried about the install, just rather have oem plug n play if possible.

Sidenote, are those the wade in channel ventguards or weathertech?

4. Jan 23, 2009 at 7:32 AM
    hashemg

hashemg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern MA
    Vehicle:
    08 Black Reg Cab 4x4
    3" Lift, Camburg Coil-Overs and UCA, 3" All Pro Leafs and OME rear shock, 33X12.5R17 Mickey Thompson on teflon coated American racing rims, Black headlight mod, Black taillight mod, tourneau cover, cargo divider, door sil protecors.

actually they are ventshade

Products Discussed in

To Top