Notices

Should I buy the Toolbox?

View Poll Results: Should I buy the OEM box for $575.00
Affirmative 5 10.64%
Negatory 42 89.36%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Should I buy the Toolbox?

should I buy the Toyota OEM toolbox for $575?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah but dis one slides on my rails and I can mount my air tank under it. Juss sayin, I know its tons of money thats why i am askin. Ok so hmm
Old 01-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Absolutely not. I'd pay someone the 575 to build something custom that would hold everything you needed, including compressor and tank...

spricken ze troof
Old 01-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
no

save yourself several hundred bucks and buy an UWS box
+1, plus you can get the UWS in all black (like mine) and that would look much better than a black box with silver top
Old 01-23-2009, 08:21 AM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Uws is a damn nice toolbox i would wait for that one JMO
Old 01-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
I have to say + 1 for the black UWS
Old 01-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
Palmettogreen is on a distinguished road

Palmettogreen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no

This is what I did
Old 01-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
Pro60 has a spectacular aura aboutPro60 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
Pro60's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no

X3!! Im very happy with mine!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my UWS for around $350.

It's probably the best box you can buy.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #11
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
No.

On a quick side note:

does the black paint stay on pretty well on the UWS boxes? this was the only thing holding me back from getting one. That and the fact that i cant decide between a box and a shell.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
No.

On a quick side note:

does the black paint stay on pretty well on the UWS boxes? this was the only thing holding me back from getting one. That and the fact that i cant decide between a box and a shell.
Box is cool, but I'd rock a shell
Old 01-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #14
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
Where's the best place to get this bad a$$ UWS box?
http://www.google.com/products?q=buy...&hl=en&show=dd

I always check google buy for stuff
Old 01-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
uws boxes are built great....and alot cheaper than the toyota box. dont spend that much for a toolbox.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #17
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

weihenstephaner's Tacoma Gallery
If you really like the look of the Toyota box, you could see how much shipping would be for this one (not mine). http://asheville.craigslist.org/pts/1001994613.html
Old 01-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #18
Rock Solid Toy

yo good looking out on that cl ad! that is a great deal!! not too far either.

The think I really like about the OEM box is that it mounts on the rails, The UWS is nice, but will have to get sketchy with the mounting method.. Also I am worried about weight, want to keep it as lightweight as possible

The toyota one just seems so perfect..

but 575 is a freaking lot

I think I am going to check with CBI
Old 01-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #19
pat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedpat's taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pat's taco's Tacoma Gallery
you should go with the uws box. also jag is trying to sell his for like 200. maybe you should pm him
Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #20
Rock Solid Toy

I went and looked at one today and I really like that it is made out of the same lightweight material as the bed.