Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tint Los Angeles Area

Old 08-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Tint Los Angeles Area

Hey,

Where are you guys getting your tint done in the LA / Pasadena area, and for how much? I got quoted $171.00 for all windows. Lifetime warranty, any shade I want; Is that good or bad??

Thanks,

Ted
Old 08-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
tacopuppy is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
tacopuppy's Tacoma Gallery
what brand of tint do they use?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:49 AM   #3
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
according to the site "Llumar™ Window Film • vista™ Window Film".

Ted
Old 08-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
what do you mean when you say "all windows?" I got my front two done to match my back two for $60 even. 28% (legal limit in SC). i don't have a lifetime warranty but i don't expect to need it (unless i forget and wash them with windex....) Anyway, if thats for more than two windows i'd say its a good deal. But then again in Cali that may be a good deal for just two windows i dont know.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #5
Lee's06Taco is on a distinguished road

Lee's06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Hey,

Where are you guys getting your tint done in the LA / Pasadena area, and for how much? I got quoted $171.00 for all windows. Lifetime warranty, any shade I want; Is that good or bad??

Thanks,

Ted
It's a good deal, but i'm sure you can bargain it down a bit.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #6

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
what do you mean when you say "all windows?"
I mean all of the windows on the truck, not just the passenger and driver front. I want to darken the access cab so no one can look in and see what is back there. They are also going to put a strip on the windshield.

Ted
Old 08-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #7

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Got it done. Looks sweet.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:34 AM   #8
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, glad you like it. yeah if he's doing ALL the windows i'd say you got a pretty sweet deal, especially with the warranty. I'm sure it looks badass
Old 08-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #9

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm3bow View Post
anyone know the legal tint % for driver and passenger side windows in cali???
I believe its next to nothing. I did it anyway........Why you ask? 'cause im crazy
Old 08-15-2007, 01:24 AM   #10
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I believe it's actually illegal to have any tint on the front windows in Kalifornistan.

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

Scroll about halfway down and you'll find the law. This is from the official CHP website.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #11

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Do what i did. Get dark for the access cab and visor, and then get a medium shade for the passenger and driver side windows. It looks like the dark interior is causing the dark driver/passenger windows rather than the tint. Go for it. Its badass.