Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pepboys just made my 6-lug into a 5 lugger

Old 11-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #21
Swab
LBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant futureLBPtaco has a brilliant future

Name: Winter
LBPtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
I've owned many different vehicles and I've only broken the wheel studs off Toyota's.
Same here. At some point I'm going to upgrade to ARP wheel studs, I just havent gotten to it yet.

ARP wheel studs

Its just a bitch they only come in packs of 5!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #22
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBPtaco View Post
Same here. At some point I'm going to upgrade to ARP wheel studs, I just havent gotten to it yet.

ARP wheel studs

Its just a bitch they only come in packs of 5!
Looks like you'll a spare just in case one breaks....

Ray
Old 11-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #23
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
It was an Oil change and free tire rotation. 76 and change. I am pissed, I contacted customer service but they of course won't get back with me.
Yes loud noises coming... YOU PAID 76 DOLLARS FOR AN OIL CHANGE?!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #24
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Yeah I put Mobil 1 0w-20 into it.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
If pep boys has not been the only shop you took your truck to then its hard to tell if they were the ones who f'ed things up. Unfortunately, if someone cross threaded your stud and/or just used an impact gun on it without torque bar then it might have been gone already. Could be the unlucky guy just removed it to see a problem the last person tried to hide. Not saying it is, or is not, their fault. Just throwing another option into the mix.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
APdrgn360 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
APdrgn360's Tacoma Gallery
Pep boys are crooks. Learned that 10 years ago, never went back after trying to charge 900 dollars for a set of struts on a Geo Storm.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #27
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously if you need a stud I can mail you one. Paypal me a few bucks and I can send one your way. Shouldn't take long to install either.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #28
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Seriously if you need a stud I can mail you one. Paypal me a few bucks and I can send one your way. Shouldn't take long to install either.
Thank you for the offer, but pep boys is replacing the broken stud for free. Hopefully it wont take another two hours
Old 11-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #29
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alright cool!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #30
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Oh mylanta I use full synthetic mobil 1 and have never paid over $25 to do an oil change. There are always rebates out there for getting good oil cheap. My last 4 purolator pureone filters were $1 each after rebate.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh mylanta I use full synthetic mobil 1 and have never paid over $25 to do an oil change. There are always rebates out there for getting good oil cheap. My last 4 purolator pureone filters were $1 each after rebate.
Say what?

Color me skeptical. That sh*t costs 9 bucks a quart.

Searching around, I found a coupon for $10 off a 5 quart jug. (although the four banger needs 5.5 quarts)

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Files/Coupon_for_$10_Off_Mobil_1.pdf

Hook us up man! Show us where we can get mobil 1 for under five bucks a quart.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #32

I get a 5qt jug and 1 qt bottle at walmart for like 34 bucks or something, then a wix filter for 5 bucks or something. I can use the 1qt bottle for two oil changes so... I'd say its about 35 bucks each time. Roughly.

that's fully syn and a quality filter

Assume they're getting it cheaper and using shitty filters.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #33
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by APdrgn360 View Post
Pep boys are crooks. Learned that 10 years ago, never went back after trying to charge 900 dollars for a set of struts on a Geo Storm.
That is pretty crooked as that exceeds the value of the car!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #34
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
The first mistake was letting ANYONE change your oil.

The second mistake was driving the vehicle off the lot, you should have refused to pick it up until it was corrected or you'd file lawsuit.

I can almost bet they never touched the oil filter, or even changed the oil for that matter.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #35
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Say what?

Color me skeptical. That sh*t costs 9 bucks a quart.

Searching around, I found a coupon for $10 off a 5 quart jug. (although the four banger needs 5.5 quarts)

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Files/Coupon_for_$10_Off_Mobil_1.pdf

Hook us up man! Show us where we can get mobil 1 for under five bucks a quart.
It's $26 for the 5qt jug at my walmart. I buy 2 and use 2 rebates when it's $10 off. Add my $1 filter from a different rebate and I just got a $17 oil change. I only have to change my oil twice a year so when I see a rebate I get the oil in preparation.

Edit: Holy damn oil is expensive these days! I haven't purchased it since June so I guess my prices might be a little off. I'll check next time I'm at walmart.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #36

Will them taking off the caliper and putting a new stud in make me need an alignment?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #37
RAT Products

isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will them taking off the caliper and putting a new stud in make me need an alignment?
No.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #38

Thanks. Making sure I didn't get swindled even more
Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #39
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
It was an Oil change and free tire rotation. 76 and change. I am pissed, I contacted customer service but they of course won't get back with me.
I hope that was for full synthetic oil. My dealership charges 39.99 for oil change, tire rotation, and comprehensive inspection.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #40
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I put Mobil 1 0w-20 into it.

"Free" tire rotation my ass. 6qt of Mobil 1 5w30 at Wal-Mart is about $35. Another $4 for a ToMoCo filter from the dealership. $40 and 20 minutes = oil change done, and you know it's done correctly. And that's paying retail for the oil. Pepboys no doubt gets the shit wholesale, so they're paying less.

Nice thing about do it yourself? Take the time while the oil is draining to inspect other things. Take a look at your suspension and steering linkage. Inspect your CV axles. Slide under the truck for 3 minutes with a grease gun and give your U-joints some love. Eyeball the brake lines, axle seals, t-case and transmission. Look for signs of leaks. Peek at your brake pads and rotors. Take a gander at your belts and hoses.

No problems? Congrats, you just pulled off an inspection that would've caught 90% of major problems before they even got started. And you saved a lot of time and headache, not to mention cash.

Please, PLEASE folks: Learn to DIY an oil change and vehicle inspection. It is far from rocket surgery and does more for your "ownership experience" than you think.