Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pepboys just made my 6-lug into a 5 lugger

Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
(Not the real George Strait)
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Pepboys just made my 6-lug into a 5 lugger

Went in for an oil change at pepboys today since it's right next to my office (first mistake I suppose). Took nearly two hours and one of the studs that holds the wheel on was destroyed in the process. Best part about it was they wanted to charge me for a replacement part too.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
scaplus is on a distinguished road

scaplus's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds messed up. How does an oil change have to do anything with wheel studs? Wth lol. Make them pay for everything lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaplus View Post
That sounds messed up. How does an oil change have to do anything with wheel studs? Wth lol. Make them pay for everything lol.
my thoughts exactly..this is why I never let anyone work on my truck
Old 11-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Matt
tacofire38's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
scaplus is on a distinguished road

scaplus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
that sux's how much was pep boys charging for oil change??
It's about $25 bucks I believe but I guess what they say is correct. If you want a job done right, just do it yourself. Oh lawd lol how hard could it be to change out oil XD
Old 11-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Probably tire rotation? I've owned many different vehicles and I've only broken the wheel studs off Toyota's.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of places here have a clause that states they're not responsible for broken studs. Allows them to get by with using the owner's son to do basic oil changes and tire changes etc.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #12
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't let Manny Moe and Jack work on my truck . Stay away from express tire too .
Old 11-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lesson learned for the OP. At least they told him about the broken stud. I'm sure some at some places they wouldn't say anything. Nothing $8 and hammer can't fix.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I can send ya a stud if you need one.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It was an Oil change and free tire rotation. 76 and change. I am pissed, I contacted customer service but they of course won't get back with me.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #17

And I've never changed my oil myself, mainly out of convenience. I guess I learned my lesson on that one.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
And people ask why I change my oil when I have free oil changes through the dealer. Because I'm the only person I trust working on my vehicle and sometimes I don't trust my self.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stacoma View Post
And people ask why I change my oil when I have free oil changes through the dealer. Because I'm the only person I trust working on my vehicle and sometimes I don't trust my self.
At least with a Toyota dealership they are or should be familiar with the vehicles. I've never really had a problem with any of the free dealer services that I've had except for them saying they greased the driveshaft and after looking they only greased the rear shaft.