Notices

Plasti Dipped the chrome rings on TRD rims

Old 11-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
cbengineer is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat Engineer OEF 10-11
Name: Jeremy
cbengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti Dipped the chrome rings on TRD rims

Finally got around to Plasti-Dipping the chrome rings. MUCH happier with them, now ill have to do the badges

Old 11-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
MikeyMT is on a distinguished road

MikeyMT's Tacoma Gallery
I like!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
why would you ruin special edition wheels like that

it only looks good to paint the bronze ones rings black...
Old 11-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
why would you ruin special edition wheels like that

it only looks good to paint the bronze ones rings black...
Its PlastiDip so technically not ruined since i can peel it off. But i am not a fan of chrome so it had to go
Old 11-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbengineer View Post
Its PlastiDip so technically not ruined since i can peel it off. But i am not a fan of chrome so it had to go
paint it to match the truck?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #6

Quote:
paint it to match the truck?
Ive seen some trucks on here that painted it to match the blue which doesnt look to bad but it would be to much for my eyes IMO but i much prefer blacked out. Plus white on rims? That would be IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean
Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #7

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ive seen some trucks on here that painted it to match the blue which doesnt look to bad but it would be to much for my eyes IMO but i much prefer blacked out. Plus white on rims? That would be IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean
thats true. they dont look too bad, i just think the beadlock should stick out somehow, otherwise it looks like a black steel wheel, not the 1k dollar alternative...
Old 11-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #8

Quote:
thats true. they dont look too bad, i just think the beadlock should stick out somehow, otherwise it looks like a black steel wheel, not the 1k dollar alternative...
Ya i would like them to stick out a bit more but the chrome was WAY to much IMO but i definitely plan on changing it a few more times since its quite easy
Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
I personally like the ring like it is, the rock rash barely shows up because the color of the gouging is the same. If you change the color and gouge em up it shows up like a sore thumb. Function wise the natural aluminum works wekk, looks wise the black is pretty cool tho.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
I personally like the ring like it is, the rock rash barely shows up because the color of the gouging is the same. If you change the color and gouge em up it shows up like a sore thumb. Function wise the natural aluminum works wekk, looks wise the black is pretty cool tho.
Ya im very careful now with trying not to gouge them since it will show up immediately. If i do want to make this more permanent i plan on powder coating or getting them line x'ed
Old 11-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a shot, rock rash barely shows up

Old 11-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
Strautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 2nd Lt @TBS
Name: Nick
Strautins's Tacoma Gallery
I beat the shit out of the chrome ring so painting it would be annoying and have to be done like once a week... I do like the look though, now you just gotta get rid of that center cap!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #13
Strautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shedStrautins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 2nd Lt @TBS
Name: Nick
Strautins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nicely done, mine are even more scarred and have chunks missing but you can barely see it
Old 11-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strautins View Post
I beat the shit out of the chrome ring so painting it would be annoying and have to be done like once a week... I do like the look though, now you just gotta get rid of that center cap!
The center cap is there to stay i like it
Old 11-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #15

Quote:

I think the larger tires actually looks better with the chrome ring
Old 02-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
kontraB is on a distinguished road
Army:
kontraB's Tacoma Gallery
Did you remove the rings or mask the wheel off when you did it?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #17
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K- 9a     so if you like visiting my page here, let me know what where you looking for.
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally got around to Plasti-Dipping the chrome rings. MUCH happier with them, now ill have to do the badges

How many cans did you use? Looks good. That is not spray correct? I ask to confirm bc it looks very good and smooth...
Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontraB View Post
Did you remove the rings or mask the wheel off when you did it?
Removed the rings
Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by romafern View Post
How many cans did you use? Looks good. That is not spray correct? I ask to confirm bc it looks very good and smooth...
I used the spray about 5 coats if I remember right and two cans. Btw they still look great and have lasted all winter with multiple washs and utah salt
Old 02-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #20
kontraB is on a distinguished road
Army:
kontraB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Removed the rings
Awesome. Thanks! I think I'm going to give it a try