LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tonneau Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #22
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

edwinalink's Tacoma Gallery
my cousin has an old backflip on the back of her silverado. one of the panels came off on the freeway,

luckily no one was hurt!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #23
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinalink View Post
my cousin has an old backflip on the back of her silverado. one of the panels came off on the freeway,

luckily no one was hurt!
Yup... I'm just waiting for the day that this happens and it impales somebody driving their Prius down the highway...
Old 01-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #25
robo-ninja
edwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to alledwinalink is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Yup... I'm just waiting for the day that this happens and it impales somebody driving their Prius down the highway...
yeah she picked it up and still uses it, no lesson learned there!

also, she cant figure out why she's blowing halfshafts and upper ball joints with her torsion bar/spacer lift.... rolling on 22s

oye, is there an emoticon for WTF?

I'll just use those 2!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #26
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
i really like yours ghost, mines got those bowed cross members that are quite annoying
Old 01-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #27
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
yeh i heard the G1 were shitty. would fall apart. I have the G2 which is the revamped one.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #28
Gene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: 1982-1988 Okinawa, Japan & Southern California
Name: Eugene
Gene563's Tacoma Gallery
From what you've written, an Undercover probably wouldn"t be for you, but it's a nice cover nonetheless.
I didn't see one in the thread so I figured it was worth showing.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #29
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
i really like yours ghost, mines got those bowed cross members that are quite annoying
Yeah it works pretty well, I can still roll it up and load my bike in it. There's latches on the rear. Just drop the tailgate, pull the cables on both sides to pop the rear crossbar from the latches, and then it rolls up as far as you want it to. There are 2 bars that run across in the middle for some support, but they don't interfere with anything. I think they just prevent you from dropping something right threw the cover.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #30
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hows the velcro and how does it hold up in the wind? I heard velcro gets weak and breaks in the sun and i would imagine the crossmembers are there to create tension and keep the tonneau firm
Old 01-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #31
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
hows the velcro and how does it hold up in the wind? I heard velcro gets weak and breaks in the sun and i would imagine the crossmembers are there to create tension and keep the tonneau firm
The velcro is holding up really really well, but I won't imagine it will forever. There's actually a tensioner on the latches that you can adjust to make the bed cover tighter if needed, I haven't adjusted it yet from the facctory.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #32
robo-ninja

is there an install somewhere on a hard tonneau?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #33

thats so friggin cool. I wish I would have researched some more about mine. I absolutely hate that i can't move that back bar to load tall things in the bed.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #35
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery

Here's a picture of my new Extang Tri-Fold. I really like it a lot. I had wanted to get the Access one that Janster has but unfortunately they've discontinued it. The Extang was recommended to me and I have to say, it wasn't hard to put on and so far has kept the bed nice and dry. I like that I can fold up part or all of it if I'm carrying something large.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #36
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Extang Cover. Durable and cleans up nicely for under $200 on www.AutoAnything.com. However, Let me suggest the one this Tundra's got by www.TruckCoversUSA.com. This one is expensive.

Products Discussed in this Thread