LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OEM Roof Rack - Rubber Strips For Roof?

Old 11-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Roof Rack - Rubber Strips For Roof?

The OEM roof rack is great (and good looking), but can anyone recommend some self-adhesive rubber strips to run between the racks (on the metal roof itself) to place smaller items (luggage, etc) on without scratching the paint? The weather in that area is extreme (hot sunshine, cold, rain, etc), so the mounting adhesive would need to be pretty tough.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
A roof basket would be unused 99.9% of the time. That would mean removal most of the time, with installation those very few times I'd want to use it. Certainly not the quick option I'm looking for. Instead, I was hoping for just a quick way to just toss stuff (like luggage, a box from a store, etc) onto the roof occasionally.

At this point, looks like I'm on my own when it comes to the rubber strips. Other roof racks have them, so there must be an option out there somewhere. I'll keep looking. Thanks anyway.