Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What to do? (Tire pressure)

Old 11-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Xewkija631 is on a distinguished road
Xewkija631's Tacoma Gallery
What to do? (Tire pressure)

My tire pressure light has came on; what does this usually mean? is their a leak in my tire or have I just lost a bit of air? What should I do first? out air in? and if that does not work what should I do after?

Also, once I fill it up with air would the light automatically go off?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
yes just check your pressures. Set them back to what the tag says inside the door jam. The light is set to go on when one or more goes under 25% off the normal value i think. Just air back up and the light will go off. You may have to drive down the street and back for it to recognize the change.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Ray is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to beholdRay is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Ray's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget to check the spare as well.

Ray
Old 11-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #4
Xewkija631 is on a distinguished road
Xewkija631's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Don't forget to check the spare as well.

Ray

What do you mean by this? I have never touched my spare...
Old 11-08-2012, 05:17 AM   #5
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
2011 spare doesnt have a sensor
Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xewkija631 View Post
What do you mean by this? I have never touched my spare...
From 2005 thru 2008 or 2009, the Tacoma had a sensor in the spare and a lot of people would have their tire pressure light come on, check the 4 drive tires and forget to check the spare. It's a good idea to check the pressure in your spare periodically anyways, but that's not causing your light to come on.

As the weather turns colder, the air inside your tires shrinks and can sometimes trip the pressure sensors to read low. Check the pressure in all 4 tires, adjust if necessary, then reset the sensors. There is a reset button below the steering wheel, press and hold it for 5 seconds, until it flashes and it will reset.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
aaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: aaron
aaronbuell's Tacoma Gallery
27 out yesterday caused my light to come. Checked the pressure later after they warmed up and had to add about 2lbs to each tire.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
My light stays on all winter :/ Even after air pressure adjustments. I just ignore it and get concerned if it doesn't turn off come summer
Old 11-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
My light stays on all winter :/ Even after air pressure adjustments. I just ignore it and get concerned if it doesn't turn off come summer
Your winters are a little colder than most of ours though
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #10
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Your winters are a little colder than most of ours though

It's kind of funny. EVERY car I get in all winter has the tire pressure light on. Work trucks, friends trucks, my truck, moms car....

thank you car for trying to be smarter than me and just putting another annoying light on the dash that I am going to ignore.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
first thing to do is to read the owner's manual. it is perfectly clear.

then check your tire pressures.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
If you're running around with underpressure tires, you're wasting money. Uneven tire wear, and lower gas mileage is where it starts.
^RTFM and all will become clear. That's what it's there for.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
Check the tires. They are probably a few pounds low. Add air if necessary and the reset switch is below the steering wheel press and hold until it flashes then release. you will not have a sensor in the spare tire. But it is a good idea to check it as well. For some stupid reason toyota put the valve stem on the spare up from the factory.