I plan to install a power inverter in my 08 DCSB 4.0 sometime soon ($). I just want to have it in case I ever decide to plug a coffee maker, toaster, laptop, small fridge, tv, or charge up my drill. Things of that nature. I have a few questions:
* What is the maximum wattage that I can run without damaging my alternator (although the truck will be off sometimes).
* Whats a good brand that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
* Even though these converters come with fuses I would like to run something like an on/off type switch so that when I am not using it there is NO power going to it. I would like to install this switch behind the fuse box under the hood and attach it to the drivers side inner fender so it as to be water resistant.
* I want to install it under the passenger seat and I will ground it to the bolt from the seat but I also need to know what gauge cable to run with whatever wattage I am able to safely use.
* If anyone has personal experience with a power inverter, please give me some feedback.