Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front IFS Diff Locker

Old 02-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #321
Lawn Dart is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Repair & Reclamation NCOIC, 166 MXS, Delaware Air National Guard
Name: Tony
Lawn Dart's Tacoma Gallery
This is nice. If they could get the cost down to as much as an ARB plus the compressor, I would be interested.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #322
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
I think we all would lol! But hey someone had/has to do it may as well be the guy that stirred the pot.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #323
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
I put my dash light dimmer switch behind the dash and then rearranged the others to make room.
Pics?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #324
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost848 View Post
Pics?
I don't have an actual pic of putting the dimmer switch behind the dash, just stick it where ever it will fit. haha I tried just unplugging the switch and my dash lights still work just fine but the gear shift indicator lights by the shifter itself, don't light up anymore. So I plugged it back in and crammed it back in there.

Here's the end result though:
Old 03-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #325
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
FYi

Free ARB Compressors
with the Purchase of
ARB Air Lockers!
Buy any one (1) ARB Air Locker, locking differential and receive
one (1) ARB Compact Compressor (part number CKSA12) absolutely
FREE!

-OR-

Buy any two (2) ARB Air Locker, locking differentials and receive
one (1) ARB Hi-Output Compressor (part number CKMA12) absolutely FREE!

Promo Code: SPRING2013PROMO

*Normal fitting charges apply. This offer is not to be used in conjunction
with any other offer.
Offer Valid: March 1st - May 31st, 2013
Old 03-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #327
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Joe has a cry in 3...2...1.....
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #329
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Joe=Bulhas

Any mention of arb in this thread has resulted in a meltdown.

..ARB ftw
Old 03-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #331
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhhhhhhhhh are you kidding me lol I should harass ecgs to hook me up lol god dammit
Old 03-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #333

Workin on it... Hella excited! Good spot for compressor! Ill have to relocate dimmer switch though
Old 03-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #334
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ill have to relocate dimmer switch though
Copy cat haha
Old 03-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #335

Hey i have a military toggle for my winch under the dimmer lol would work and look good.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #336
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Quote:
Well if your looking for a locker on a budget ill be the first to say this is not an option. The locker came out clise to $2000.00 after fed ex was done raping me... The regear is going to be 4.56. Still having issues on finding button location lol
I forgot you're in Canada, how much of the $2k was just shipping alone?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #337
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilvr06 View Post
Hello everyone! more than happy to be here...Just got my new 2006 Dcab TACO SR5 package.. been waiting awile for this baby, look foward to making new taco friends and getting a whole lot of info..thanks for the awesome site!!!
The cost of unit alone is 1640 and because it's from aus land it will cost roughly the same to the us
Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #338

Price was 1770.then 150 shipping then 180 at the door with the manly looking fed ex lady..... but on the side note... Its getting close to dday! A month as of today i will be spending monies to improve the taco for the better good. Now my next question... Is there anything else i should be thinking of replacing while im in there... The whole new diff with new bearings is a no brainer but anything else?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #339
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Price was 1770.then 150 shipping then 180 at the door with the manly looking fed ex lady..... but on the side note... Its getting close to dday! A month as of today i will be spending monies to improve the taco for the better good. Now my next question... Is there anything else i should be thinking of replacing while im in there... The whole new diff with new bearings is a no brainer but anything else?
PM Wyatt and see if he has any suggestions. If there's something weak in there, he'll know.