LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Car Buying Tips welcome on this Tacoma

Old 11-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
speedsun is on a distinguished road
speedsun's Tacoma Gallery
Car Buying Tips welcome on this Tacoma

Still been shopping for a Tacoma, I've looked at about 15 of them. All the ones used have been high mileage scratched ones. Finally found a low mileage used one. Dealer wants 20,800 for it before ttl. How low of a figure do you think I can get this truck for. It was smoked in but interior seems pretty clean except for one small burn mark where the shifter is to tell you what gear its in. Also one scuff mark on the front fender flare, the part that sits on the front bumper... not the fender.

http://www.kiaautosportpensacola.com...-FL/1866487633
Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
520Toyota is on a distinguished road
Name: C.V.
520Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my .02 cents from my car buying experience. Average Joe car dealers will rarely drop their prices. Most tacomas are priced above retail. Prices on used tacomas are really hard budge. I would try a Toyota dealer. I have bought a used 2002 4runner sport 4x4 at kbb private party price which was $5000 below what they were asking back in 2005 and it was a Toyota certified. If your credit is good and have some money down, see how much kbb private party is for the particular vehicle your looking at and offer them that. Do a take it or leave it. That's usually what it takes to get the deal you want from the dealer. When you walk, you have the power.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #4
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
even tho it is a taco, id skip any car thats been smoked in, youll never get rid of that smell. for the price youll end up at on a used one tho, you may as well just get a new one.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I would assume you're taking a loan for that.....

But Wow..... that thing isn't even 4WD.

I bought my truck new (2007) and it's a 4.0L 4WD access cab Automatic for about $29,000 (INVOICE).

Don't waste your money on a used one for that price. Get a new one!!! You gotta at least sit down and figure out what your payments will be for a new one. It might be easier to get a loan for a new one anyway.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
speedsun is on a distinguished road
speedsun's Tacoma Gallery
Yes 72 month loan at 3.39%. They are at 19,900 right now. Might push them a lil more. Im doing only phone negotiating right now. Besides the smoking it is one of the cleanest tacomas ive seen on a used lot. Ive tried new too, it would be another 6-7k for a new one which another 100 a month. I figure they have around 16k in the truck trade in.