1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

? for DCLB Sport owners.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blueridge, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Nov 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM
    Brewmaster

Brewmaster Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport edition
    True flow cold air intake, JBA header Flowmaster dual, exhaust, Ride Rite air bags, Kenwood sat nav head unit. Eibach 620 springs Bilstien heavy duty struts AAL + Rancho shocks. Front diff drop kit Rear carrier bearing drop ECGS Diff bearing Wheelers front strut 1/4 polly spacer. Satoshi front grill, LED hood scoop mod, LED running, turn, reverse, interior lighting.
    Dont get a lot of snow here in western oregon, but when going up into the north cascades in early january last year when everything froze over here, i had no problem with my DCLB sport on stock rubber. tracked just fine in 2+ feet of fresh powder.

2. Nov 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    Had my 2010 for 2 years in Alaska so far, lived here all my life and used to driving on I've and snow. Rocking stock dunlops with 30k on them and in 4wd the tail only kicks out when I want it too. Usually turn the traction control off when I start up. Messes with my driving habits. :)

3. Nov 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM
    DigB

DigB Go Jets GO!!!!!!

Member:
    Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    DCLB TRD Sport
    Air Freshener mod
    You should have no problem with the Sport....we just got a foot of snow , I didn't even need 4x4, grant it I have Duratracs but even with the Dunflops I would have had little trouble in the snow. Off road the truck is great and the fact that its a long bed makes it nicer on the highway.

If you have any worries.....Buy the Duratracs and you won't need to worry at all!! plus they look bad ass on the truck.

4. Nov 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    Blygy

Blygy Well-Known Member

Member:
    East of Edson
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2012 DCLB TRD Sport Trail Teams
    Trail Teams Edition Supercharger
    A locker may actually hinder you in the snow as you will loose your lateral traction on that axle.

With only one tire spinning the non spinning tire will help prevent the ass end from squirting to one side.

5. Nov 13, 2012 at 1:38 AM
    Frostbyte

Frostbyte Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern Utah
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD OR Manual
    SOLD - 03 Black SR5 4x4 TRD OR RIP - 07 Radiant Red SR5 4x4 TRD Sport Fabtech 6" lift, 33x12.50.18 Toyo M/T on All black XD Hoss wheels
    I have owned both, my 06 DCSB was an offroad, I never used the locker, not 1 time, bought it brand new, and put close to 60k on it, then sold it. I have read on this forum (I dont know if toyota has fixed this problem or not) that the Offroads have locker/axle issues due to them being smaller, or something to that affect? Maybe im wrong? I never had an issue with mine tho...

My current truck 07 DCLB is a sport, cant tell the difference in performance, other than the turning radius sucks slightly more due to it being longer, and bought it last year with 21k on it.

Both trucks take on the Utah winters with ease, even my 07 with MT tires.

Products Discussed in

To Top