LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Are Bull Bars, Nerf Bars targets for theft?

Old 08-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Are Bull Bars, Nerf Bars targets for theft?

I've been looking at the Westin Bull Bar and Nerf Bars. They say it's easy to install. Is it also easy to remove (as in theft)?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
for someone to remove them, they'd have to have the right wrenches and sockets, and time to do so. i dont think they would be all that easy to steal.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
Probably wont get stolen, but someone will always steal anything. Some people will sit under a car and, using a hacksaw, steal your cat-converter to sell for scrap.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
We actualy had a case. The cats have $100. worth of platinum in them.
No roo gaurd thefts though.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
gator socket!

I have a Gator socket i use in my tool box (just in case you don't know what that is, it's a "one size fits all socket" and it works like a champ!!) anyway, if someone crawled under your truck with a gator socket and a ratchet my guess is they could have the nerf bars off in about 5 minutes each..... they could have bull bar in about the same (if they take JUST the bar, not the mounting hardware)

as far as actually being stolen, they'd need some real big ones.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #6
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Someone stealing my stuff off of my truck? Sounds like a good target to me. Stealing stuff off of trucks in Texas is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you might get....