1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reviews about Autoplicity

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by viccruiser, Nov 13, 2012.

1. May 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    Autoplicity

Autoplicity Member

Member:
    PM sent to rwgardner :)

2. Sep 22, 2014 at 11:49 AM
    MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt Supercharged Mileage Master

Member:
    I just ordered some headers from them and I got an email that my order was flagged by the fraud department. Luckily for me, I think they are going to get an in-person visit since they are only 20 minutes from my work.

3. Sep 22, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    TacomaMike37

TacomaMike37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB MGM
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  4. Mar 26, 2015 at 3:50 PM
    OhWhatAFeeling

OhWhatAFeeling Active Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner Roadtripper
    Wheels Tires Headlights Grill Brush bar Fog lights Hood guard Stereo system Next up - ARE cap Leather buckets
    Hi Keith from Autoplicity. On February 28th I ordered an EGR hood shield and bug deflector from autoplicity.com for my Tacoma Prerunner. My shipment arrival date has now been pushed back to April 10th despite the fact I followed up on my order twice to try to get it expedited. Someone in customer service answered my complaint promising to send an email update on the order status based on tracking number. He never sent it. Then I called back a few days later and was put on hold for 10 minutes to find out the new arrival date. I'm still waiting on email confirmation of the new arrival date. I may be a special case but this order hints at extreme disorganization at autoplicity. So help me God if autoplicity sends me the wrong part after waiting for 2 months for a simple piece of plastic you can pick up on ebay in 3 business days.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Mar 26, 2015 at 5:29 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    ebay or autoanything.com would be my choice. After countless threads on the web about autoplicity I wouldn't give then a 2nd chance let alone a first chance.

6. Mar 26, 2015 at 6:08 PM
    TacoDeLaPlaya

TacoDeLaPlaya Total Automotive Performance Sleeper Cell

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Del Mar, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Silver Access cab
    Custom sotoshi deep dish grill 6112 front 5100 rear Leer 100xl
    Please consider the registered vendors on this site for your needs first.:D

We own the same vehicles so we know the different variations and what parts to order.

Please call before ordering if you are unsure about fitment. We can help.

7. Mar 27, 2015 at 10:03 AM
    Autoplicity

Autoplicity Member

Member:

What is your order number? I'll see if I can find out what's up.

8. Mar 27, 2015 at 10:10 AM
    TacomaMike37

TacomaMike37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB MGM
    Not many complaints over at BBB :rolleyes:

120 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 46 closed in last 12 months
    Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
    Advertising / Sales Issues 34
    Billing / Collection Issues 4
    Delivery Issues 22
    Guarantee / Warranty Issues 2
    Problems with Product / Service 58
    Total Closed Complaints 120

and the monkeys over at BBB still give these clowns an A+ rating.

9. Mar 27, 2015 at 11:03 AM
    Mizzouborn

Mizzouborn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma PreRunner
    Thorley Headers Dual Exhaust Flowmaster 40s Bilstein Shocks/Struts K&N Air Filter
    Hey guys don't let this thread die, I'm sure there are more success stories (SARCASM button on full tilt) out there......and thanks for the input.

10. Mar 27, 2015 at 11:11 AM
    OhWhatAFeeling

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    Wheels Tires Headlights Grill Brush bar Fog lights Hood guard Stereo system Next up - ARE cap Leather buckets
    Sent PM of tracking #. I am impressed you actually replied, so thank you for the courtesy.

11. Mar 27, 2015 at 1:36 PM

127.0.0.1 AKA ::1

Member:
    /etc/hosts
    Vehicle:
    2013 NBM AC 4.0 4x4 Auto OR
    The name alone says 'steer clear'

with a name like autoplicity
    being so close to 'duplicity'...makes you wonder.........

deceitfulness; double-dealing.
    synonyms: deceitfulness, deceit, deception, double-dealing, underhandedness, dishonesty, fraud, fraudulence, sharp practice, chicanery, trickery, subterfuge, skulduggery, treachery

12. Mar 27, 2015 at 2:07 PM
    OhWhatAFeeling

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    It's not too complicated. The longer you wait for a part with your money in their bank account, the more time accrues for interest to build, fattening said bank account. The more they stall, the more money they make. There seems to be stall tactics in place where there is always an early email from them targeting an arrival/shipment date then there is always a colorful excuse as to why it gets pushed back. Did they ever order your part(s) when they said they did and allocate the funds to the manufacturer in the first place? I wonder. The variation is in the excuse but the pattern is in the initial early email that settles you on a shipment date. It is that promise that primes you to wait for the next deadline, where you will again be given some colorful excuse as to why the part remains undeliverable at that time. Interest growing and growing while you attack their poor customer service reps for not knowing what the hell is the big holdup. I would love to call the manufacture of my part and speak to their sales director about their autoplicity SKU. I'm really the wrong person you want to cross in business because I am a pitbull but I am fair. If a company makes an effort to atone for a mishap then I will honor the gesture with positive feedback. If not, I will thrash. It could be that the operation is just understaffed and gets bullied by manufacturers because autoplicity orders are smaller than competitors (on ebay, Amazon etc), so they don't get filled and it's all an honest holdup with no money and interest involved. But the cynic in me says money and interest is involved. They have been sitting on my money and interest since February 28th and I'm primed to wait beyond April 10th for a bug deflector.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  13. Mar 27, 2015 at 2:20 PM
    OhWhatAFeeling

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    Now you couldn't do this with every customer, every time because if you did you would probably be shut down by the Federal Trade Commission (either that or your sales network would implode). I am tempted to compose an eloquently written official complaint claim with them, beckoning them for consumer protection for the general public, hopefully prompting an investigation.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  14. Apr 13, 2015 at 9:13 PM
    OhWhatAFeeling

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    EGR bug deflector ordered from autoplicity.com on February 28th
    EGR bug deflector order still being processed April 14th

15. Apr 15, 2015 at 11:16 AM
    prerunner 06

prerunner 06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Springfield OH
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner SR5 DCSB
    E-mail your state's Attorney General with details. That may help Simplicity to get their act together or get shut down.

16. Apr 16, 2015 at 8:58 AM
    Autoplicity

Autoplicity Member

Member:
    Ok....some crucial info is missing. Order was placed 2/28/2015 1:17:01 PM (Saturday). Our PO was sent on 3/1/2015 10:27:53 PM (Sunday) to EGR (the manufacturer) with the payment. EGR will not process orders without payment. Payment was sent that day to EGR so we did sit on the money to gain interest as it has been proposed. By the way, it would have been .398 cents based on current rates and the order amount.

Now for the part, this was conveyed to the customer on 3/27:
    "Ok...I found out the low down on that big guard. EGR is still waiting for the plastic to arrive from Australia (of all places). The original due date was 3 days ago and now it has been bumped to the 10th of April. And that is just for EGR to receive the plastic. Then they have to mold it. That is definitely too long to wait for that part in my opinion. Do you have an alternate in mind? I could offer it at cost for your troubles."

Customer agreed to the credit.

Now for an update: The tracking number has been PM'd to the customer and it is slated for delivery next week.

17. Apr 16, 2015 at 9:04 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    Here is something interesting for you Autoplicity.

You have a total of 8 posts in this entire forum, after close to a dozen people have made complaints. And that is since November of 2012!!!! Come on, if you were REALLY interested in selling your product to us, or in making people happy, you would think that your posts would reflect that. I promise you this: Autoplicity will never get a dime of my money, or a dime of anyone in my family's money. And yes, every family member comes to me before they buy automotive parts because I can find things for a lower cost.

18. Apr 16, 2015 at 9:58 AM
    Autoplicity

Autoplicity Member

Member:
    Hi everyone!

Certainly not going to let this thread die :)

First and foremost, apologies to any and all people have have had issues with our company. We're not perfect, nor do we claim to be. We're enthusiasts just like you all! From time to time we will encounter a bump in the road with regards to a customer order, as is the case here, we will do our best to keep the customer updated with as much information as possible. This is true for each and every order that comes through our web portal.

Now, to address the actual customer in this thread: OhWhatAFeeling

I want to personally apologize to you, as you entrusted us to complete your order in a timely fashion. Clearly we dropped the ball. Before I get into details regarding the actual exchange of information, I want to extend you a FULL refund on your order. Yep, keep the product, no charge to you. Look for that credit on your card in a few days.

In regards to the delivery time. Welp, as much as I dont want to displace the blame, in this particular instance, we were at the mercy of EGR. Sadly, we cannot control their manufacturing process, and if we could, I assure you the product would have been in your hands long ago.

Our due diligence consisted of the following:

• Listed item as 'Ships from manf.' on website
    • Emailed you on 2/28 letting you know the item was shipping from the manf.
    • Replied to your 3/6 email on a SUNDAY...not many companies can say they answer emails over the weekend
    • Updated you with a current ETA the following day, Monday
    • Again, emailed an order update on 3/26 with new info from EGR
    • Notified customer of shipment on 4/15

Did this take a long time, yes. Did we do our best to keep you updated, yes. Did we extend you a courtesy refund, yes. Did we offer to cancel your order if this timeline was too long for you, yes.

Short of hand delivering, im not sure what else we could have done in this situation. If you have any suggestions, im all ears.

Sadly, we're probably going to lose a customer and possible more future customers. It pains me that people become so upset without knowing the full story...but thats another discussion for another time.

What are we doing on our side to avoid situations like this? We're compiling a database of avg. lead times associated with items that ship from manf. Our goal in doing this is to reflect these lead times to you, the customer, for more transparency. We have nothing to hide.

To the rest of the contributors of this thread, feel free to PM (or use my contact info below) regarding any issue you may have with our company. I'd rather not clutter this thread disproving your theories about accruing interest and stalling orders. Save that for a company like Uber, who actually accrues interests on customers.

For anyone in the Chicago area, I invite you to stop by our Chicago office. Stop in, have a chat, and meet the crew. I assure you, we're much more than people behind a keyboard.

Thanks for listening to my banter.

Nick Golemis
    Director Of Operations
    Autoplicity.com
    800.299.1028 x 1003
    ngolemis@autoplicity.com

19. Apr 16, 2015 at 10:00 AM
    DrFunker

DrFunker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wow! This is impressive.
    :bored:

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  20. Apr 16, 2015 at 2:44 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    As to the first bolded statement, I guess those of us who said we actually placed orders that were not delivered, completed properly, or had problems, well, we don't count as "actual customers"

And to the second, why not discuss things in an open forum? I mean that IS what a forum is about. I run a business as well and have NEVER asked someone with a complaint or problem to discuss it privately. I have been more than happy to have a problem discussed in the open so that everyone can get a fair idea of what has happened, and what has been done to solve it. I think you should head to the warehouse and get you a winch. That hole is getting deeper and before long you won't be able to climb out.

Sorry, after having multiple order nightmares with Autoplicity, I have no lost love, that is for sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top